Happy New Year to Everyone. I had a wonderful time making a quilt top this month. It's based on the "Up North" Thimbleberries pattern. First time I ever really went scrappy and it didn't take long for me to become a believer. Wonderful to have so much fun creating something virtually by diving into my stash. Now that being said, I didn't have enough fabric for the 8 1/2" wide boarder. Found what I thought would work from Connecting Threads. Got an email saying that fabric was sold out and would not be restocked. I then chose the same fabric line in cream. Yesterday I cut and sewed the boarders on. I hate it and can't live with it. I stewed about it enough I hardly could sleep. Thought in the light of a.m., would change my mind. Nope. To me it looks like you have a quilted coverlet on the bed with muslin colored sheets hanging down. I know after LAQing, it would become more cohesive, but without a margin of doubt, I'd always regret my decision. Please know that the CT fabric is lovely and will be perfect in another project, just not this one. What's not making it any easier, is Hubby is trying to make suggestions. Between us, I think he has a touch of color blindness. I'm frustrated, aggravated but trying not to take it out on him but he so needs to return to the cellar on his own woodworking projects. So, for the next few hours, I'll be best friends with the seam ripper, then the vacuum cleaner. Ughhhhh. Let 'er rip!!