Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

I also started using the accordian fold and pinning....it works great....I've done up to a 10 yard piece of fabric...so glad I saw the post on it, sure saves me a lot of headaches.....

My washer only usually does that if I am washing multiple pieces at a time. I have to trim up all the loose strings from the edges as I throw them in the washer otherwise they'll all wrap around one, and your right it's the worst to try and iron out! However if I am washing one large piece its not such a problem.

OMG yes!!!!!! Drives me to drink lol... I will be trying some of these suggestions!! Such wise women (and I am guessing a few men) on this board!

Wow! I am glad I found this thread....sounds like this problem is solveable!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

I solve the thread wrapping problem by serging the raw edges of my fabric before I wash. I don't have much trouble with fabric twisting if the lengths are not too long. I seem to have more trouble if I only have one piece to wash. I have also found if I dry it right after its finished washing and remove as soon as its dry, I have less wrinkles.
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Okay I might sound 'old school' as my daughter would say, but isn't it a shame so many municipalities don't allow clothesline anymore. So many of our ironing problems would be alleviated. Plus everything would smell so fresh. My washing machine twists as well.

I agree, I miss my top loader. It cleaned great and never had a problem. I am on my second front loader washer--the bearings went on the first one. Couldn't be repaired--Thank the Lord, we had an extended warranty! Bought a different manufacturer, but I still pine for my oldie.
    raynhamquilter
    I hope you dance!

Blog Entries
    The mesh bag works but only when its 4 yds per bag. For the longer pieces I throw them over the shower rod and refold selvedge to selvedge. This way I can get 4 or 5 done at the same time -they air dry quickly and this pulls most of the wrinkles out making ironing easier. And if they're real bad I'll turn on the shower for some steam.

I don't prewash much, but when I do i fold it accordian style, secure with safety pins' then put in a pillowcase which I pin. wash on gentle, put right in the dryer like that on timed setting. No strings, or knots & damp for ironing with starch(love starch)
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Try putting a couple of tennis balls in the dryer. You still have to untwist the fabric, but the tennis balls help keep it that way.
    Pat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast