Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frustrating Day of Quilting >

Frustrating Day of Quilting

Frustrating Day of Quilting

Old 10-19-2012, 06:45 PM

Sierra..Too funny.. That's my laugh for the day!!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM

time for chocolate and a movie
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
I know that I am not the only one who has done this but it sure is frustrating. I sew a section of my quilt back, which I decided to spruce up and piece it. I sew the length of the quilt incorrectly TWICE! All those little pieces of thread. That took me a couple of hours to get straight. After my piecing of the main section was finally finished, I started to trim up the piece in order to get ready for some borders. I thought all was going well until I realized that the distances from the pieced section to the outer edge (top) of the back are different than the other end. So frustrated. I have decided (since I already trimmed the extra fabric) that I will leave it as it is. It is the back so it should be okay, right? Please say, "Yes!" There are no quilt police at my door so I guess I am okay. So, so frustrated. Need to pull myself together and finish this back and get the quilt quilted. Thanks for listening. Tomorrow is another day!
Use a lint roller to get rid of those little pieces of thread. Works good.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 PM

Who looks at the back anyway! The job of the quilt is to keep you warm, and snuggly! when it is done it is going to beautiful.

Don't sweat the small stuff!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
Was the moon in Scorpio---I am pretty careful to check the moon sign when I start something new or am working on a really confusing BOM---and NEVER start something on Friday that I know I won't be able to finish that day. Plus, I have a bunch of messed up kids because of all my rabbits' feet and Buddhas....and even have one granddaughter who will call me to ask if today is a good day to get a haircut.
Sounds like my mom. She goes by what the almanac says. She won't have surgery on certain days, weened her babies on certain days, and will not plant her garden if the "signs" aren't right. Maybe I should ask her when is a good quilting day? haha If she answers, I'll be sure and let you all know!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 PM

I do this a lot for my own quilts...leave it. I have one on my bed right now that I took 4 pieces of fabric...made a 4patch for the back...wasn't long enough...so I added a piece to the bottom & top to make it long enough... when I was done rolling the quilt...I had just 3" of that solid piece showing at the bottom, and about 6" at the top...who cares...it's for me... Customer quilts that I add backing for...are not different colors or patterns, unless the customer ask for it. Actually...9 patch backs work up pretty well. Borders though for backing, I try to avoid...because they are Never the same, lol.

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
I know that I am not the only one who has done this but it sure is frustrating. I sew a section of my quilt back, which I decided to spruce up and piece it. I sew the length of the quilt incorrectly TWICE! All those little pieces of thread. That took me a couple of hours to get straight. After my piecing of the main section was finally finished, I started to trim up the piece in order to get ready for some borders. I thought all was going well until I realized that the distances from the pieced section to the outer edge (top) of the back are different than the other end. So frustrated. I have decided (since I already trimmed the extra fabric) that I will leave it as it is. It is the back so it should be okay, right? Please say, "Yes!" There are no quilt police at my door so I guess I am okay. So, so frustrated. Need to pull myself together and finish this back and get the quilt quilted. Thanks for listening. Tomorrow is another day!