Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustration

I seriously need to vent. I purchased 2 sun printed blocks (subject turtles) . I am making up my own pattern for a wall hanging , it uses logs and corner blocks around the turtle blocks. (The blocks are to be set vertically.) I haven't worked on a quilt for a while, or for that matter any sewing, so I am rusty. My piecing is slightly off especially on the small corner blocks. But I felt that I could work around that if I couldn't completely make adjustments. So I continued to sew , joining the turtle blocks together in the center of the future wall hanging. One of the small block junctures was very "off"....then I realized the turtle blocks are not the same size. I have a real mess. I don't really want to take it completely a part,but I don't know if I would be happy with it if I don't. I have thought about embellishing the quilt in the "off" areas. I will try to fix as much of the worst area as I can....I just get frustrated when things go wrong and I get impatient with myself. thanks for listening.

Blog Entries
    (((HUGS))) I hate when this happens!!!
    The blocks should have been the same size, we shouldn't have to measure everything :roll:
    I hope that you can get it all worked around in a way that you are happy with :D:D:D

Can you post some measurements and some pics so we can help!
    K

I will try. Right now I am just too frustrated with myself for being impatient and for forgetting to measure the main blocks.

I have already had to rip out stitches and sew strips over and over. I think this might be one wallhanging that I put away for a while and return to it when I am less upset.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    sorry to hear that you are having problems :cry: it probably is a good idea to put it away and maybe try something else..thats what I do when things dont go quite how I want them to..chin up!

I hate when that happens!
    I sure hope you can figure out and get it fixed!

I'm so sorry. Keep us informed.

I feel your pain, was working on a quilt top yesterday, blocks sewn together in rows, then add a sashing and another row. The day before things went really well and I got 5 of the 9 rows sewn together, yesterday however there was on row I rippped out three times, it just would not line up and when I finally overdcame that issue went to put on a sashing piece and I completely sewed it on upside-down (directional fabric). Time to step away from the sewing machine :evil:

We all have days like this. Took all day to make a 12" block this week, kept sewing the pieces wrong, had cut some pieces wrong, sewed a row upside down, ETC: LOL Just walk away for awhile, and the n you will think how you want to fix it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast