Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun and Done

Blog Entries
    Could someone please tell me who did a tutorial on Fun and Done. I need the size of the rulers. Someone said they went to Home Depot or Lowe's amd had their set of rulers cut. instead of paying the hight price for them on line. That is what I want to do. I thought I had marked that tutorial as a favorite but now I can't find it. Could someone please help me? Thanks for your help. Lovetoquilt. :-)

Fun and Done will get you to the tutorial @ Bayside Quilting.

The small ruler is 7 1/2 inches and the large one is 9 1/2 inchs.
    You need the large one to center your batting on the backing.
    So you need a 7 1/2 inch hole in the 9 1/2 inch ruler.
    http://baysidequilting.com

I made one of these, they really are fun to do. I got the ruler as a Christmas gift, but you could easily cut any dimensions you want. Just cut block and batting same size and the backing is one inch larger. On Bayside quilting if you check in FAQ she gives you yardage for larger size quilts, patterns only have the wall hanging. lap and baby size quilts. You can see a picture of mine at
    http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=045.jpg
    OHSue

I should say cut the backing one inch larger all around, sorry about that.
    OHSue

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I knew you all would come across for me. I want to make one soon but I have several things going now, so will have to wait a bit. I did want to go ahead and get all the things I needed together to start it when I can. Thanks again.

you don't have to buy the template. either have the plexiglass cut (it's hard to cut the inside hole) or use a picture frame. as long as it's the size and shape you like. it could be a rectangle.

OHSue ~ like your F&D picture.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    I made one of these, they really are fun to do. I got the ruler as a Christmas gift, but you could easily cut any dimensions you want. Just cut block and batting same size and the backing is one inch larger. On Bayside quilting if you check in FAQ she gives you yardage for larger size quilts, patterns only have the wall hanging. lap and baby size quilts. You can see a picture of mine at
    http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=045.jpg
    OHSue
    I noticed you just joined - welcome! One of our forum members mentioned that you can buy plexiglass at Lowe's and they'll cut it to size free - and very acurately. She had them cut a WHOLE bunch of quilty size pieces, including several different sizes for Fun N Dones. It's on my list of 'to-do's now that I'm back in CT. You can get a LOT of goodies out of you sheet of that stuff.

you don't have to buy the template. either have the plexiglass cut (it's hard to cut the inside hole) or use a picture frame. as long as it's the size and shape you like. it could be a rectangle.
    Would copyright apply to templates? Is making your own an infrigment on someone's else's ideal? or does it just apply to patterns? I'm all for saving money but are we stealing someone's else's ideal when we do this? I'm not out to cause trouble just curious, that's all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast