Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun and Done

Has anyone ever made a Fun&Done Quilt? If so what did you think of it? Pros and Cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    I remember this post but I don't remember anyone actually making one just talking about seeing the video and how they could make their own templates. Maybe I missed something. Sewnsewer2 said she made a couple but didn't say much about how it went. Has anyone else made them and found them to be as quick and easy as the video shows?

I want to make one but I'm concerned on how well they'll hold up from usage. It seems like the seams would be a weak point in the quilt. I would like to know too because I would like to make some as Christmas gifts next year.

I recently did a Fun & Done table runner. It was a class offered at the LQS I frequent. I enjoyed it and it turned out lovely. I don't think one would need to worry that, done as a quilt, it wouldn't hold up. I was pleased and think I'll try it as a quilt this next year.

Blog Entries
    I made one and didn't think it was that much fun. The main reason was that I used warm and natural batting. It was too heavy (Someone posted later that it didn't work well). I have heard a lot of good things about it and may try another one sometime. I did like the final results.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    I made one and didn't think it was that much fun. The main reason was that I use warm and natural batting. It was too heavy (Someone posted later that it didn't work well). I have heard a lot of good things about it and may try another one sometime. I did like the final results.
    That's good to know because that's the only batting I use. The instructions for one of the Fun&Done patterns I have says not to use polyester batting and to use a low-loft cotton batting. I thought Warn and Natural was a low loft cotton batting. What would someone recommend using.

The quilt I made was from that idea, backing 2" larger than batting and block. I didn't make the same pattern as on bayside. I did my own and quilted it as I desired. I liked it and wash it in my home washer. I wanted a light weight quilt so I used a thin batting. It was easy to make and went fast. On the one attached, I used straight stitching for the finishing. Currently, I am in the process of another one, with a different block pattern, and I am using a blanket stitch to finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Newby0709
    The quilt I made was from that idea, backing 2" larger than batting and block. I didn't make the same pattern as on bayside. I did my own and quilted it as I desired. I liked it and wash it in my home washer. I wanted a light weight quilt so I used a thin batting. It was easy to make and went fast. On the one attached, I used straight stitching for the finishing. Currently, I am in the process of another one, with a different block pattern, and I am using a blanket stitch to finish.
    I love your quilt. I'll have to check out batting, I will need alot because I want to make 12 lap quilts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by okie
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    I made one and didn't think it was that much fun. The main reason was that I use warm and natural batting. It was too heavy (Someone posted later that it didn't work well). I have heard a lot of good things about it and may try another one sometime. I did like the final results.
    That's good to know because that's the only batting I use. The instructions for one of the Fun&Done patterns I have says not to use polyester batting and to use a low-loft cotton batting. I thought Warn and Natural was a low loft cotton batting. What would someone recommend using.
    I hope someone has the answer to this. It is all I use, too.

Blog Entries
    Okie,
    I have done several fun and done table toppers & also pot holders. I just love this pattern & like the easy way it goes together. If you click on our Search topic above, then type in fun & done, you will find several quilters who have posted their thoughts & pictures on this subject. I think it will be something you will just have to try, to know weather you like it or not. Good Luck!! :thumbup: I know I LOVE it!!
    Cheryl
    :D :D :D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast