Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fundraiser quilt label question

Blog Entries

Fundraiser quilt label question

I have been asked to donate a quilt to a raffle. It's a fundraiser for a baby that needs a heart transplant.
    I've never put a label on one of my quilts, but I figured this would be the time! What do I put on the label?

I'm donating because the lady who asked me to is a very kind woman, and I'm happy to help where I can. She and the event is in another part of the country, but would it be acceptable for me to send business cards or flyers or is that just tacky?
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Of course you should put a label on your quilt.
    Something like: Made with love by _____ and be sure to at least put the state (if not the town) you're in. Who ever gets the quilt will appreciate that.. plus be constantly reminded of the compassion of strangers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
    Something like: Made with love by _____ and be sure to at least put the state (if not the town) you're in. Who ever gets the quilt will appreciate that.. plus be constantly reminded of the compassion of strangers.
    i agree - after all, other products have the maker and place of manufacture on them
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Thank you. This is new to me!

Quote Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

I also would not be worried sending business cards with the quilt if you are shipping goes to the lady who requested it. People may ask her where she got it and she can just give them one of your cards. Don't be afraid to promote yourself. I am trying to learn to do this also as a long arm quilter.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

i generally add fiber content & care instructions to donation quilts- as in:
    100% cotton top/backing and batting (or, poly batting- what ever is used)- pieced & quilted by- city, state, month, year. when it's for a specific function or person i at times add something about that too- like- created for Relay for Life- cancer research benefit 2012-
    machine wash cool- tumble dry.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    Be sure to add washing and drying instructions. I believe all quilts should be washed with delicate detergent, gentle cycle and low heat, even when they can withstand normal washing conditions. Also fabric and batting content, some people are allergic to some fibers.
    Joyce

I also like to add the year it was made on my labels. Printed Treasures works wonderful for quilting labels.