Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Funny Fabric Story....true

This last Friday, hubby and I went for a ride and in the process ....he took me to my favorite quilt shop for Jo Morton, Kansas Troubles, and Civil War fabrics. I bought 9 yds of fabric and had a lovely chat with the owner while hubby waited patiently in the truck. Well, got an email from her today that she had misplaced my check somehow. Upon looking in my checkbook, I had subtracted the amount and written down the check #; but the check was still in the book with nothing written on it. Had to call and tell her that I never even paid her....we both had a great laugh over it; then I put the check in the mailbox after our phone conversation.
    I am embarrassed that I even did that; but she reassured me that I shouldn't feel badly.

I can see how that would happen in a quilt shop. We do love to talk when we get around other quilters.

Could happen. And she is so trusting. How did she have your email? She is lucky there.

I can see how that could happen. When I start talking quilting and fabric I lose track of everything else.

np3
    Blog Entries
    I've done that. I was so shocked to think I could do that. Glad it worked out for you.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    What a nice story!! We just had about an 8 page thread about all the theft that goes on in stores.
    You made my day!!! :D

Susan Margaret-
    What was the name of that thread? Somehow I missed it.
    Thanks

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Search- Buyer beware or something like that.
    You'll be amazed!
    let me see if I can post the link

I just searched- it's Buyer Beware Rotary blades out of packages.

Franie..she has my email to let me know of any special sales going on at her shop. She is a great gal!!
    Susieallabout quilts...thank you for the positive comment. I would never want to take anything from anyone...so sad that there are people out there who will.

I did that years ago at the grocery store--even got my $10 cash back. Got home and looked in the checkbook and the check was still there! I called and told them what I had done and took it back to them the next day--can't stand to be dishonest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast