Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A funny quilting story... >

A funny quilting story...

A funny quilting story...

Old 11-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Talking about ugly....Years ago when my youngest daughter was a teen, she wanted to buy a dress that was a brown and red of some kind... large floral pattern. We later found a jacket to match!!! I thought the fabric was ugly and not at all colors I'd put together in a fabric. I told her it was UGLY!!!. She decided to try it on anyway. It was a form fitting dress and was stunning on her. We did buy it and called it her 'UGLY DRESS'. I didn't think ugly could turn out pretty, but that dress did on her.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 AM

There would not be any variety if we all liked the same fabrics AND variety is the spice of life!!!!!! And it is nice to step outside our own little box sometimes. DD and DGD just keep leading me into the 21st century and sometimes I like that.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by Ragann63
Her co-worker asked her what she was doing that weekend and she replied, "Going to a quilt retreat." The girl then said, "Oh, is that the thing you do with two sticks?" Some people just have no culture whatsoever...lol!
Does anyone remember (this was a few years back but it sticks in my mind) when a toilet paper company started "quilting" their paper to make it softer (possibly Charmin :?: ) and they had a commercial showing cartoon ladies sitting there "knitting" (with 2 sticks :roll: ) the toilet paper to make it 'quilted'. I remember that it was only a week or so before the company changed the commercial to show the cartoon ladies "quilting" the toilet paper with a needle and thread. I'm sure that they got tons of mail telling them about their mistake...LOL!
I think it was Northern - I sure got a chuckle out of that! In a way, I was sorry that they changed it - cuz wen they were using the knitting needles it really got my attention!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

I'm thinking the 'ugly' talking woman has a dry sense of humor and maybe didn't mean to offend. Example: she looooves thirties fabrics and was joking that everything else is LESS? I hope so. :roll: