Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fusible Fleece

Blog Entries
    I have seen some talk of fusible fleece which as I understand is fusible on one side. If I ironed a quilt top on to it, would I then need to back it as well or can I quilt just on the two parts and bind it?

I am asking because I think this would be a nice way of making a warm lap quilt without it being too bulky.

Secondly if that is the case, can you but it in different colours do you know?

Thank you

Nicky

THe fusible fleece that I bought was for a tote bag to make it more stable. So , no I would think you need a backing on it.

Good morning

The FF that I've used, is like a batting with adhesive on one side.....NOT like the fleece you would use on a quilt. Hope this helps :)

FF is a poly base so when washed it wouldn't shrink. you can get a light weight batting thats 80% cotton, 20% poly, it a low loft and light.

Fusible fleece is meant to be a stablizer for bags and things. If you used it for a quilt you might find it a bit too stiff. It only comes in one color and you would still need backing fabric.

You definitely would need a backing on it. However, you may not like the drape and feel of it. I like it for using bags and such. Think it would be too firm for me for a quilt, even when I lived in Wisconsin!

For warmth I would go with silk batting! I love it but it is soooo expensive.

ali