Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: FW Walking foot

FW Walking foot

Hello all, I went to the annual Quilt Fest at Pigeon Forge last week and bought a walking foot for my FW.
    I am wondering if anyone else has one and how they like it.
    I have not tried to attach it to my machine yet but am looking forward to trying it out to-day...
    The show was very interesting since it was my first one. I have been to quilt museums but never a show with all the hustle and bustle and activity as well as all the vendors etc.... Beautiful quilts.....Sensory overload for sure!!!

Springville, Tennessee
    Sounds like fun, fun, fun. My friend and I are going to the Paducha show end of April, I already have a list of stuff I want to see. As for a walking foot, I use mine alot but I am doing a few QAYG projects and without it I would be in deep water. It really helps keep the top and bottom moving together. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    The only one that worked on my FW was from April's 1930 shop. The generic one didn't line up properly and wouldn't grab the fabric correctly.

I have the Generic One and I have an old very old Kenmore machine and it works great.

I got mine from April 1930s as well. I use it all the time. The only difficulty I have had was a very thick seam causing fabric to 'bunch' up after crossing the seam because it somehow clogged up under the back part of the foot. Has not happened but a few times.