Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gadgets you feel are worth the money.

You are sew right sewmary! I have so many gadgets that don't work well it is pathetic, no more gadgets for me, but a seam rippppper is not a gadget in my boooook.lol

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    My new year's resolution: no more gadgets that are one use and collect dust. I will walk by all the gadget demos at quilt shows and not even stop to look and will never buy one online unless at least ten of you recommend it.

After all the money spent on gadgets, my favorite and most useful and cheapest are: Bamboo chopsticks (stilleto use and poking out corners after turning) and one half a spring clothespin ( wooden ironing thing).
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    A glass of dry white wine after another 'ripping' session.

Love this!!!
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

For Christmas last year I had a Baby Go Cutter and I love it. Strips, squares & stars for applique are now so much easier for me and I've got more pain free time to sew. A belated Happy New Year to everyone on the board.
    There is nothing you can do to make God love you more and nothing you can do to make Him love you less.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna O View Post
    My Olfa rotary cutter. My favorite is the one where you squeeze to cut and the blade automatically goes back "up" when you release it.

I need that. I have two nasty cuts right now that come from bumping my hand into the rotary cutter being held in the other hand. It wasn't even cutting, just holding it perfectly still and I managed to seriously cut myself TWO TIMES!!

I have many gadgets, but one of my favorite things at the sewing machine is a pair of LaCross needle nose tweezers. I use them to pull up threads, pull out loose threads from a seam ripper, and as an awl on a regular basis.
    pat design

Blog Entries
    I love gadgets.I think I have everyone mentioned on this thread except for the GoCutter. My favorite is probably the June Tailor slotted ruler. I think I have 5 or 6.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

My favorite gadgets are the square up ruler from Eleanor Burns, SewLine pencils for marking applique, Clover bias makers, and the no-melt plastic circles for making berries, etc. for applique.

Senior Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My favorite "gadgets"--my Ott light--couldn't sew at night (and since I work days that would be disaster!) without it, and the Binding Tool--especially now that I saw the Missouri Star Quilt Co 2nd video on it so I use it right! And of course that wonder magnetized pin bowl--I can just toss the pins to the area the bowl sits and don't mess with a pin cushion at all! And the last was a prize from quilt guild--a homemade tool binder to hold the basics for handsewing.

my rotary cutter with a side handle, it help my painful wrist tremendously, I bought it back east at a quilt show

Blog Entries
    I am going to have to get one of these...I am always forgetting to press the button to cover the rotary blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna O View Post
    My Olfa rotary cutter. My favorite is the one where you squeeze to cut and the blade automatically goes back "up" when you release it.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast