Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Games/mixers needed for Guild party >

Games/mixers needed for Guild party

Games/mixers needed for Guild party

Old 10-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Hello,

Two of us have volunteered to organize our guild Christmas party and we are in need of ideas for games or mixers.

Have played Quilto in the past and would like to do something different.

Any ideas?

Faye
Old 10-18-2009, 05:24 AM

Try this link

http://www.quiltguilds.com/games.htm
Old 10-18-2009, 06:18 AM

At one retreat we had we divided up into teams and played "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?" for strips for the project. Everybody got the background fabric and then when the team answered right everybody on the team got one strip.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:29 AM

We played strip poker at our guild yesterday. Everyone brings 25 2 1/2 inch strips. Tell them to bring 25 different strips not all the same. We divide the members that are playing into equal teams. Each team stays at one table for 5 rounds and then moves to another table leaving their original team behind. A good opportunity to mingle with others. Each table has a deck of cards w/ one dealer. Each person is given a card and the highest card wins all the strips. In case of a tie then the dealer gives them another card and highest takes all the strips. You can play 25 games or more up to you how long you want to play. The door prizes were given out by calling a card and whoever had that card was a winner.

We had fun and laughed a bunch I stuffed my bra with all the strips and they took a pic of me. :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-18-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned

Well Long Island Teas only need a little mixer and a dash of cola for color, but after a few pitchers of them you will have one heck of a party going!! :mrgreen:

I like the strip poker idea thats a good way of adding to your collection. I just wonder if my wife would understand if I told her I was playing it with a group of ladies. :roll:

Billy
Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Hello,

I want to thank all of you for your game suggestions for the guild Christmas party.

Our party was last night. The President axed Bebe's strip poker suggestion. I thought it was a great game to do, but she did not think so since we meet in a church basement. If anyone can think of another name to call it, maybe I could get it through some other time.

So, after much more deliberation, I prepared a "greet and meet" mixer where they had to "find someone who...," such as, "Find someone owns at least 3 sewing machines." They could only have one signature from each party goer on their sheet and they could sign their own sheet. I allowed them about 15 minutes before the meal and then some time after the meal. Time was called and the person with the most signatures won a prize. (There were to be 30 present and there were 34 choices on the paper. One lady had all but 6 filled.)

Then, after I found out I could borrow an LCD projector, I made a Quilt Jeopardy game using a blank PowerPoint Jeopardy game I got from a fellow teacher. (A big thank you to all teachers out there who generously allow other teachers to "borrow" their stuff.) Winning team with the most points got to go to the prize table.

One thing I did that was not related to the games was to have everyone wear a name tag with the number of years they have been a member.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all who responded in October to my plea. I got some great ideas and that also got me to put my "thinking" cap on.

Faye
Old 12-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Power Poster

I am glad to hear that your party was a success!!! :D:D:D