Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Garage Sale Jackpot

Blog Entries
    Go Girl.....scraps are the best♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    A local garage sale - 6 large bags of offcuts/scraps, $30 spent and I am in fabric scrap heaven - sorting, cutting off selvages (for my stash), oohing and aahing. This lady was selling her house and downsizing and she had so much fabric so I had to restrain myself to just the scrap bags and a few fat quarter pieces. She had quilts and quilt tops for sale, heaps of patterns, a whole wall of quilt magazines - I can't imagine how she managed to pick what she wanted to keep and sell, it must have been agonising !

I spent all afternoon sorting them and even got to sew a few scraps into some blocks I am currently working on.
    where is this sale?

Blog Entries
    I love it when someone hits the jackpot.

I did a few months ago when I answered an ad on CL.
    2 tubs of scraps for $15 but had a lot of big pieces.

When she found out I was a quilter and the 1st caller she saved it for me.

Have made 5 lap sized quilt tops (just from the scraps).
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Congratulations on finding a featherweight, Sue - you're going to love sewing on her - please post a photo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by w7sue View Post
    I absolutely love it when I find a garage sale with quilting stuff ... today was my lucky day a beautiful little Featherweight (1947, I think) for $250 - they were asking $295!

I love making scrap quilts and it is always fun to get someone's scraps to add to my scrappy quilts - mostly because it is almost always fabric that I don't have. My last fabric score was a great stash of plaids/stripes for $20 at a sale last summer. I have half of a top made already from that (and a few shirts purchased from our local Goodwill Bin Store).

Have fun, enjoy!

Congratulations on your lucky find. I'm sure it was fun going through all the scraps and finding out what was in your "treasure" scrap pile. Happy quilting.

great find.I love using other peoples scraps-more fun than using my own for some reason
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I just am so jealous no, really i am very happy for you, i just love to sit infront of a tv and do the mindless job of cutting and sorting..have fun1

finding bargains is like walking on clouds! that euphoric feeling just carries me away to heaven for a few days! and then when I sew with them, I have that feeling all over again. kudos to you for your organization!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I wish I could find good fabric sales around here. Must not be many who quilt here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    I am so happy for you and anyone else who hits the jackpot like this-congratulations! (I can't help but wonder why oh why can't it be me just once...LOL )
    I am with you Gladys - I can never seem to find garage sales or Ecycle or anything like that where they have fabric for sale. Boo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast