Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gatlinburg, TN Quilt Shops >

Gatlinburg, TN Quilt Shops

Gatlinburg, TN Quilt Shops

Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 PM

Default Gatlinburg, TN Quilt Shops

I am visiting Gatlinburg for a Greyhound gathering. Is there any fabric shops that I should visit? I would feel terriable coming all the way from WI and miss a great store. Thanks
Old 05-29-2014, 07:12 PM

Mountain Stitches by Susan is the only one I know of in Gatlinburg. Check this thread for some other suggestions.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t244722.html

t244722

Ok I can't make the link work, but it was posted by Carol-Lynn on April 7. I hope you enjoy your visit to TN.

Last edited by wesing; 05-29-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:53 AM

I did a search of the board and came up with many threads. We visited Gatlinburg 2 years ago and this fall we will be renting a cabin in Pigeon Forge. Beautiful areas!!! http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....archid=8759435
Old 05-30-2014, 07:06 PM

There is a shop hop going on from 6/5-6/14. The shops in the gatlinburg area are machine quilts by Iva, the cherry pit, red barn custom quilts, mountain stitches by Susan. Holloway's country home is in Cosby which is on 321 up from gatlinburg There are several shops in Knoxville which is an hour west of gatlinburg. Also don't forget Dollywood if you get tired of fabric for fun rides and shows.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:30 PM

I would definetly recommend cherry pit! My avitar photo was taken there,we visited from Ohio. Beautiful area I've been going to the Smokies since I was a young child.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:05 AM

I love the Cherry Pit in Sevierville and stop there whenever we are in the area. They have marvelous selection of linen towels that I haven't been able to find anywhere else for that price. There are a lot of ideas in the shop, decent selection of fabric and the service is great. They were out of a pattern and ordered it and then shipped it to me at my home in Michigan. If you're not familiar with the area Sevierville and Pigeon Forge run together and Gaitlenberg is just a short distance away on the same road. The Cherry Pit is located in the old town center in Sevierville.
If you have time there is a wonderful quilt shop in Knoxville which isn't far. It's called Mawmmaw's Thimble. They have the largest selection of reproduction fabric (both civil war and 1930's) plus a large selection of other fabrics. They also have a room for husbands with TV etc so you can shop to your heart's delight and your hubby won't be bored. In fact the room is called the "Bored" Room and it is for the CEO (carry everything out)! Well worth the drive.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:21 PM

Red barn custom quilt shop is new and not too far from the cherry pit
Old 06-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Machine Quilting by Iva is a great shop, too. Huge selection of batiks and other things I don't ordinarily see in other shops. Don't be put off by the name of the shop.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:39 PM

I live just about an hour or so from Pigeon Forge and Knoxville. DH's turnaround week is coming up and we were thinking about places to go. I think a day visit to Pigeon Forge and Knoxville is on the short list!!! There is also a small JoAnn's in Knoxville.