Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gee, I have a expensive hobby it seems!

Gee, I have a expensive hobby it seems!

Just bought the backing and thread for the quilt I am working on now. Gee, even on sale it cost me a small fortune! I think I need to rethink my quilting hobbie or slow way down. Just wondering if others feel the same way.

The fabric gets more expensive and the quality goes down...

I have started doing almost all my fabric shopping online. You can get some good deals. There have been alot of people that find fabric and stuff at rummage sales and thrift shops.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

This is my only hobby, I have met so many amazing people since moving to our small town this past summer as well as on QB. I really don't put a price on something that has brought me so much joy. With that said yes it is expensive, make sure to get things while they are on sale.

quilting makes me happy. It is nearly the only money I spend on myself. I'm good with it.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I have been working on reducing my stash and scrap pile(s).... I have made 7 scrap quilts .. all bed size. and there is still more to work through...
    There have been some outstanding sales on line in the last few weeks as the newer lines are being released...
    I made a recent trip for business had me right in the path of Keepsake quilting... needless to say .. it was an amazing shop but batiks were over $12.40 per yard.... My enthusiam was met with the reality of my wallet.
    I find not only the quilt making challeging but now the new twist is finding fabric prices that make it possible.

Blog Entries
    I know how you feel. I realized today that I need some more fabric to finish my quilt and I haven't even thought about what I'm going to put on the back, but I'm not ready to give up this hobby. I figure if I smoked, I would spend that much on cigarettes. Quilting keeps me sane, but I do wish sanity was a little less expensive.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

THis is my main hobby now, but your right it is expensive sometimes. I do a lot of online shopping when places have sales and shop online clearance.
    Tammy

Life Is A Banquet and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving!

Guess I have been finishing quilts fairly fast lately and it is adding up. Plus, everything is going way up, I noticed how much thread and material has gone up. I guess a $50 isn't what it used to be!

LOL yeah a cheap sheet and serger thread would've been cheaper.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast