Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ghostrider's Quilt in Henniker NH

If anyone has the chance, you should try and see ghostrider's Hoffman Challenge Quilt at Quilted Threads in Henniker, NH.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81482-1.htm

It is absolutely fantastic. It is hanging in the upper story of this expansive space and can bee seen from several angles (as well as close up - lol). The choices of fabric coupled with the quilting is really fantastic.

ghostrider, you should not "blush" - you deserve all the accolades you have gotten and then some!! Becky (the owner) and I spent some time chatting about it - we both agree - WOW!!! Job well done.

Since some of us live too far to stop in, can you post a picture? I would love to see it!

Actually, the third post on the link above has the close up picture of it hanging - Much better in person. The colors are rich, deep and provide almost a 3D effect in viewing it.

Thanks! I just didn't go far enough down! It is stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    Since some of us live too far to stop in, can you post a picture? I would love to see it!
    Are you telling me that eastern Montana is too far from central New Hampshire to come see my quilt??? :shock: I forgive you, Marlys, but only because it's winter. :lol: (you know I'm kidding, right?)

I'm so glad you liked it, eparys, and felt it was worth the trip! Didn't my buddy, Georgette, do a great job on the quilting? She's the best! Blackwolf Quilting Studio http://www.blackwolfquilting.com/ Check her out, local or long distance.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    Are you telling me that eastern Montana is too far from central New Hampshire to come see my quilt??? :shock: I forgive you, Marlys, but only because it's winter. :lol: (you know I'm kidding, right?)

I'm so glad you liked it, eparys, and felt it was worth the trip! Didn't my buddy, Georgette, do a great job on the quilting? She's the best! Blackwolf Quilting Studio http://www.blackwolfquilting.com/ Check her out, local or long distance.
    OK, I do love to travel and it sounds like you are issuing a challenge!!! Watch out or I may show up on your doorstep!

:lol: I'll have the hot chocolate ready!!

:lol: I'll have the hot chocolate ready!!
    I will too!!

. . .

I absolutely LOVED the quilting - the combination of SID, scallops, tiny cross hatching, etc just blew me away!! I have a BOM which I have just finished (which I have substituted green and Christmas fabric into). Becky said she was in our BOM - can not wait to meet her. Although I have a small Quilter (Voyager 17), I may want to have this one quilted.

Your quilt is magnificent!!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    It's beautiful. Wish I could see it in person.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast