Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gift for friend who sews?

Gift for friend who sews?

I have a special friend who also sews...would like to get her a gift-anyone with online sites/ideas? I have searched Etsy for a unique pin cushion, but not coming up with much! Thanks!

Power Poster
    What is your price range? Fat quarters are always welcome for a sewer. Does she machine quilt and use the computer? Leah Day's site has 50% off her Craftsy machine quilting tutorial lessons at about $20.

Price range under $40.....

How well do you really know this person who sews? You would probably be better off giving her gift certificates to her favorite fabric store.
    For instance, I sew, a lot, but don't get me something like a cutsie pin cushion, etc. I have a lot of single-purpose sewing notions/tools. When I retired my coworkers gave me gift cards to my local quilt shop and Joannes.

Maybe if she is a quilter, you could find a class to take together and make a day spent together doing something you both enjoy!
    Lisa

Etsy has some truly beautiful seam rippers, all well within your price range.
    http://www.etsy.com/search?q=seam%20...ery&ship_to=US
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

I think gift certificates would be the way to go personally. One of the main reasons would be fabric colors, what you like is not necessarily what someone else would like. Does she like pin cushions? I love seeing all the neat looking cushions, but personally don't use one, seam rippers aren't used by everyone. I have a little pair of snips that I absolutely love and haven't used a seam ripper since I discovered them.

Time together is always nice...lunch and a personal shop hop together and then buy what she drools over. Or have a gift card for somewhere.

How about a pair of retractible small sewing sissors. The one that you put on your shirt. I think Connecting Threads carries them.

Blog Entries
    I second the suggestions for gift certificates to quilt stores, or go shopping with her and buy what she drools over. One of my most enjoyable activities is shopping, and if it's not "my" money I'm spending, it's even more fun!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast