Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Gift ideas for kids

Blog Entries
    mine loves pilloe cases made in something they really like kitties puppies just whatever they really like

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherbailey View Post
    I have made my grandsons a series of pillowcases....turtles and dolphins for a beach trip that we took together, and lots of others. Very simple, one fabric each. I put zippers on the ends to keep the pillows inside (you'd have to know my grandsons to understand this one...) and they LOVE them! I keep about 1/4 yard of each fabric to make them a quilt to take to college in 10-12 years too.
    What a fantastic idea. I wish I had kept some of my t-shirts growing up to make a t-shirt quilt.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Blog Entries
    Neesie, do you have a pattern for the pajama bags,
    when i was about six, the kid across the street had one, and i thought it was so cool, and i wanted one too.

kids gifts.

cloth books are great for babies. I sewed dresses fr the youngest grand till I lost track w/ sizes. I have fabric to make a robe and instead will use it to make a teddy bear. Quillows are great for nursery and kindergarten + those sleep overs. Carry bags are great for travel, overnighters, etc.
    Jesus knows all my imperfections yet he still loves me. Amazing!

I make mine pillowcases every year with fabric representing something they like, sports, dance, dolls, trucks etc. Then I put their other gifts inside and tie it up with a ribbon. They look forward to them every year!

I made these awesome seat-belt pillows (like long stuffed snakes that velcro to the seatbelt). There is a great tutorial if you Google seat-belt pillow www.superjenn.com/countdown-to-disney-seatbelt-pillows-for-the-trek/
    Loretta Sewhappytoquilt

Jammies, Christmas stockings, pillow cases, stocking hats, superman capes, floor pillows, cookie mixes to make with mommy, fleece scarves or throws, bathrobes, monogrammed or trimmed towels, slippers, doll clothes, etc.etc.

Blog Entries
    That age would like a sock monkey to cuddle with at nite. I use 100% cotton ladies work sock | Kodiak brand. I also use yarn for eyes and mouth and matching wool yarn to sew up all the limbs. Here is the pattern I use.

http://ahhhhh.hubpages.com/hub/howtomakeasockmonkey

I think coloring book totes are so cute! Children of all ages love to color (I still do!). I've got one right now waiting to deliver to my grandson in a few weeks. They are easy.

Gift Ideas for Kids

Simplicity #1786 is a vest for kids---I got my pattern at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents and bought the material that looks like faux suede on one side and shearling on the other. Only 2 pattern pieces, does not need to be lined if you use the stuff I bought. I did however "shave down" the seam allowances, top stitched on either side of the seams and put a decorative stitch around the outside edge. Super easy, super fast and looks cute!!!
    K Rob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4