Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gift wrapping ideas >

Gift wrapping ideas

Gift wrapping ideas

Old 11-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

I've used laundry basketa. If it was a smallish one and had goodies in it, I would put it in a great big trash bag and tie pretty ribbons on it.
Double purpose - the bag and basket were great for hauling the rest of the goodies home.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM

Does any one use Cloth Bandana's any more they are not your grandfathers snot rags anymore. Have pretty colors and now even fancy designs I made a quilt out of them fast simple and great and doesn't bother me to let our Boxers on the bed. Another wrap idea is to make the bags to hold plastic grocery bags--has elastic in both ends and can make holiday or everday ones. I had such a stash of plastic bags gave them full. I even made bigger ones and donated to local thrift shops as are always asking for recycle bags to send home our bargins.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122728.jpe   attachment-123038.jpe  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlonger
Does any one use Cloth Bandana's any more they are not your grandfathers snot rags anymore. Have pretty colors and now even fancy designs I made a quilt out of them fast simple and great and doesn't bother me to let our Boxers on the bed. Another wrap idea is to make the bags to hold plastic grocery bags--has elastic in both ends and can make holiday or everday ones. I had such a stash of plastic bags gave them full. I even made bigger ones and donated to local thrift shops as are always asking for recycle bags to send home our bargins.
Your quilt is beautiful! I have heard of using bandana's but this is the first quilt I have seen using them. I really like it and now plan to make one of my own.Thanks for showing yours!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:07 AM

for little trucks, cars, ect for boys, wrap gifts in old road maps that are taking up room in the jockey box of your rigs... Or for animal lovers, go thru magazines, cutting out photos of horses, ect, and wrapping gifts of animal figurines, ect in the photos, with raffia for the wrapping ( especially for horses, as it looks like horses tails, and manes)..
for little girls, wrap their gifts of barrettes, ect in dainty pairs of ruffled socks (* two gifts in one package! )...brainstorming here for my grandkids now. hehe.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM

A few years ago I made a bunch of fabric bags in assorted sizes from Christmas fabrics. They are still being passed back and forth between the family. Also, since I am a big chocolate fan :? I have lots of those fancy chocolate and cookie tins (like Hershey's etc.) that they put out every Christmas. I use those to store my ornaments the rest of the year, and when the ornaments come out, I can use them to package gifts and set them under the tree for display. Gifts opened, ornaments repacked, and I get to enjoy seeing the fancy tins for a few weeks.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tilladare
All of our gifts this year will be "wrapped" in reusable grocery bags. This will put an average of 3 bags into each kitchen. We are making a special effort to find nice ones that are not marked for a particular store so that the recipients can shop wherever they like.
I recycle almost every piece of paper but have gone into bags as they can be reused by the receiver at another time.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:15 AM

This site has a lot of ideas too!

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1123.asp
Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
This site has a lot of ideas too!

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1123.asp
Thanks, I bookmarked the site. 8-)
Old 11-27-2010, 07:02 PM

Male recyclable cloth totes and stuff your gifts in it. Then both are useful as well as encouraging folks to go "Green".