Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Giving credit where due >

Giving credit where due

Giving credit where due

Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 AM

My experiences with Fabric.com have been nothing but great.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 AM

I started buying fabric from Fabric.com when they first opened up their cyber business in Marietta, GA.. Never had a problem with an order in all these years. I used to love it when you would get a friendly e-mail from Stephen talking about his family and what they did over the week-end. It was like chatting with your uncle.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Have not shopped with them yet but this is not the first thread I have read about their great customer service...will have to check them out one of these days!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM

I, too, have had wonderful experiences with fabric.com. Several months ago I placed a large order with them; part of the order was 3 yards of an inexpensive, sale cotton print for the back of a lap quilt. When my order arrived, the inexpensive fabric was missing, and in its place was 3 yards of a gorgeous Kaffe Fasset print! I called customer service to explain the mix-up and offered to return the Kaffe Fasset fabric in exchange for the one I'd originally ordered. The customer service rep was most appologetic for the error and told me to keep the Kaffe Fasset fabric and they would send me the one I'd ordered--which arrived three days later! I still haven't figured out what to do with the Kaffe Fasset print. It will come to me some day when I rediscover it under the piles of fabric I have since purchased .
Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't purchased from fabric.com, but I will now.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:38 PM

I have also had great customer service from fabric.com. A couple of months ago during one of their big sales, I ordered 3 yds of wide batik for a backing in a color I'd been searching all over for. They called me on the phone to tell me they only had 3 different length pieces of that fabric that were all less than 3 yds, told me the sizes of the pieces, asked if I could use 2 pieces and suggested another color that was close. I was ordering more than I needed in the first place so I was able to go with one of the shorter pieces. I was really impressed because I've never had a company call me before to suggest other alternatives.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 AM

Good to hear! Thanks for letting us know.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 AM
QM
Power Poster

I have been using fabric.com for 12 years. The only problem I have ever had was once when I did not read the listing correctly. They would have taken that back, but I found a better use for it. In shopping with them, I have found some really great stuff that I certainly would not have gone looking for. For example, brushed denim makes great , soft backings for drag around kid quilts. They have always been pleasant AND FAST. I live in a very small mountain town, so I really appreciate them.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:00 AM

Great to hear. I' m doing more online shopping since my mobility has greatly decreased and using by walker isn't always easy in stores.
Thanks for the info
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 AM

Default Wow! Your LQS needs you!

Hey everyone - hope you all had a very merry Christmas and everything that you deserve was under your tree this year. I am the owner of Stitchin' Heaven in Mineola (thank you Quilter 65 for that awesome testimony!) and have been in the business of providing a quality operation where you can purchase your fabric for over 16 years. It has not been easy.

There are many hard-working women and men who have put their heart and soul into their local quilt shop business. Internet makes the times what they are I realize and if our consumers of fabric are content to shopping at places like fabric.com we cannot compete. It is just simple: if we don't have the sales we cannot pay our expenses and that equals out of business.

Fabric.com is owned by Amazon.com and it puts them in an entirely different category. Your local quilt shop does not have the volume purchasing power to go head to head with these companies. In our world Internet and big box companies are taking over leaving us with vanilla choices and not much personality. Your local quilt shop is one place that is different from all the rest. A place where you can get a sweet greeting and good service. I know you may think "if I shop at a place like fabric.com every once in awhile it won't hurt anyone..." but it does. Your local quilt shop needs every nickle it can get to keep the doors open - literally.

So please tell me how you feel and I ask this in the most sincere way possible. Do you want your local quilt shop to survive? I ask that question and ask you to answer it honestly. No reprimands. No judgements. If you don't then perhaps the lqs owners of today should be earnestly be evaluating the future of their stores and whether or not they should try to continue.

Would you like to live in a world without quilt shops?

Your friend in quilting - Deb Luttrell, owner of Stitchin' Heaven, Mineola, TX