Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Giving an old Singer a home.

I will be looking at a Singer Treadle machine 'in good working order' next week and I am excited.
    I am not looking for an antique, an investment or a lean mean quilting machine.
    I want it for pure nostalgia. I learnt to sew on this machine back in the days before the Civil War......!
    Any advice, comments, humor, or suggestions re: this purchase would be really welcome.

P.S. Having looked at the wonderful and absolutely stunning quilts recently shown on this QB, I'll spare you my amateur attempts.... for now.

Blog Entries
    Can't give you any advice, other than if you want it get it :lol: We don't always need a reason :wink: And you would love to see pictures of your work :shock: We all started somewhere and appreciate everyones hard work

Blog Entries
    Hello & Good Luck finding your Singer Treadle machine!! :D My DH husband found this one for me, for my Christmas this year. It was just luck that he stopped into a local antique shop & found this 1935 Singer Treadle for $39.00!! :thumbup: It's in perfect condition. Just keep your eye out & chance looking where you might not think you will find one!! Please let us know when you find the perfect one!!
    :D :D :D :D

1935 Singer Treadle Machine.
    Name:  Attachment-62778.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  52.5 KB

Blog Entries
    WooHoo!!! I am green with envy :D:D:D

Be warned, it's very hard to stop at one. These beautiful old workhorses still work. Try making a quilt top on one (I have one in progress).

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Hello & Good Luck finding your Singer Treadle machine!! :D My DH husband found this one for me, for my Christmas this year. It was just luck that he stopped into a local antique shop & found this 1935 Singer Treadle for $39.00!! :thumbup: It's in perfect condition. Just keep your eye out & chance looking where you might not think you will find one!! Please let us know when you find the perfect one!!
    :D :D :D :D
    What a lovely looking machine. You would not believe the condition of some machines I have seen and the price they want for them. Your husband did very well.
    The one I am looking at next week looks promising but we shall see. You have given me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead
    Be warned, it's very hard to stop at one. These beautiful old workhorses still work. Try making a quilt top on one (I have one in progress).
    You are probably right especially as I have no self control.
    Would love to see your quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead
    You are probably right especially as I have no self control.
    Would love to see your quilt.
    I'd love to show you but it maybe it would be rude to hijack this thread. I'll start another.