Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving ten minute table runners as Christmas gifts?

Blog Entries
    i think i may try the flannel. i buy a lot of flannel on black friday -last year bought 8 yardsof white on top of all the other flannel i bought. will definitely give this a try.

Just be sure to prewash your flannel. Glad I did.

I like flannel as batting in runners, makes it easier to quilt the top. When I have no flannel I use heavier fabric (old curtains recycled) as backing, no batting needed. My 3rd option is thin polyester fleece which I buy as Chinese made blankets for about 2 $ apiece. I use these for batting in general.

I always use flannel for batting in table runners and placemats. Gives them some weight without being bulky.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

I used white felt and it worked fine and was inexpensive.

Sorry should have mentioned I quilted it after it was put together with a straight line quilting pattern.

I acyually did embroidery on long center fabric then added outer fabric turned out great everyone loved them

Blog Entries
    I think it's a lovely idea. I wish someone would put the effort in to make me a gift for Christmas! I am making placemats and bordered towels for Christmas gifts I just finished a pillowcase cover and I used iron-on Pellon, the result was great, it gave a nice substance to the piece, was easy to sew and not too stiff! Also, for some reason it seemed to make it easier to iron after it was assembled.

I think they would make great Christmas gifts!

The first time I saw one of these I was given it as a gift. I had no idea until she showed me how she had done it that it was so easy. I thought it looked great. I think fabric choice is key. I have the pattern now and plan to make some but haven't yet. I like the flannel idea so will use that when I start making them. I had gotten a huge amount of material from a lady on Craigs List and some was flannel in a pattern I am not crazy about so this would be a good place for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast