Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glow in the dark thread

Blog Entries
    I am making my granddaughter a Halloween quilt and saw an add for Superior Nite Lite glow in the dark thread. I thought about getting some and using it on her quilt. Here is a link for it:http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/...-yds/products/. Has anyone used it before? Is is hard to work with? I would be machine quilting her quilt in the ditch. And what color would you all recommend to use? I used Moda Chic or Treat charm sqares and sashed it in black.

Blog Entries
    I have some of this glow and the dark thread, it sews well!!! I am wondering though how much glow you will get from it if you are burying it in the ditch?? It may show up at night much nicer if you did some outline quilting with it.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love the idea of glow in the dark thread on a Halloween quilt! Someone much more talented than I am could quilt Halloween shapes all over the quilt. Pumpkin, bat, witch hat, BOO! The possiblities are endless.

Blog Entries
    I used glow in the dark thread on a frog quilt I made for my Grandson. It worked great. I was well please with it. I believe I stitched in the ditch or right at the ditch and it work out well. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Great! I will order some for her quilt. I never thought about not being able to see it if it was in the ditch. I will probably do some outline quilting. I am still not happy with my free motion quilting. Still got lots more practice on that! :D

I used white glow in the dark thread on my grandkids camping quilt, It glows nice at night in the dark tent! I used it to do Machine Embroidery.

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to get the thread and start quilting her quilt. I can always find an excuse to go the quilt store.

I got some glow in the dark thread at Joann's and used it on a car quilt for my nephew. You don't really want to put it in the ditch because you'll lose a lot of the glow. You want it more on the surface so outline quilting would be better.

I embroideried a glow-in-the-dark spider web on a halloween wall hanging. It looks sparkley in the day, and has jsut a faint glow at night. I used double strand, but it doesn't show as much as I'd like. But the effect is still pretty.

I have to get some of this thread. What a cool idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast