Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Glue for material?

Is there such a thing? I did a table cloth with oak leaves appliqued on. It was done with a satin stitch and the material has come apart in some spots. Don't want to spoil it by sewing over it again so hence the question of glue for material.
    :?:

Blog Entries
    Yes there is. One brand is API Fabric Glue and another I have is Aleene's Ok to Wash-it fabric bond. Hope this helps you.

Sharon Schamber uses Liquid Stitch..according to the tube it becomes permanate after 24 hrs. I'm always too impatient to wait that long...but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Blog Entries
    You can use the glue just make sure it is the type that dries flexible. Or tuck some stitch witchery under those pieces and iron them back down :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by smiles
    Is there such a thing? I did a table cloth with oak leaves appliqued on. It was done with a satin stitch and the material has come apart in some spots. Don't want to spoil it by sewing over it again so hence the question of glue for material.
    :?:
    Thanks all for the info, I'll look for theese products when in the city next. You guys are the best. :thumbup: