Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt >

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Old 12-27-2013, 09:04 AM

Good Morning lustoquilt, Thanks for your delightful response. I happen to be particularly fond of Canada Geese so your message struck a happy chord. Wishing you Happy Quilting and a Great 2014! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 AM

Good Morning BellaBoo, Wow, your thorough and detailed information is inspiring! Thanks! Really appreciate your taking the time to write me. Wishing you Happy Quilting & 2014! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM

Dear Mighty,

Many thanks for your greeting and information. Look forward to being reconnected with quilting. Sending smiles and Happy Quilting Greetings! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 09:16 AM

I have a GO and like it for cutting applique shapes and 2" strips. I do have trouble getting the die to run thru the cutter tho. And it it's the same if I have one layer or more of material. It also takes a lot of muscle to turn the crank.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:17 AM

Welcome to the board! I have 2 Janomes and would recommend you take a look at them. They have a nice variety of machines from basic up to feature packed. My machines have served me well with no real problems at all.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

When I first got my Go it was so new not many had an idea what it was. My guild members thought I was nuts paying so much for it. I demoed it at one of our meetings and wish I hadn't. It wasn't long when members started asking me to bring it to guild to cut fabric and then members were asking to borrow it to take home. The mats were being worn out before I got much use from them. No one thought to buy mats when using it. I don't mind sharing what I have but I do not appreciate the thought that 'why buy one when I can use yours' comes into play.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:45 AM

Welcome to the QB, Snowrose! Hang onto your seat, because it is a thrilling ride here.
The Go! Baby was a great purchase for me. I bought it mostly to use in cutting scraps into hexies.
Since you are on the lookout for a really terrific, basic sewing machine, you might want to consider buying a vintage Singer 301A. Quite a wonderful machine to have! Very easy to maintain, fun to fiddle with, and it has a fairly large harp space. It has a vertical bobbin, so it also does a great job with free-motion quilting. And it looks so cool too.
Here is a link to a picture:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...80-344776.html
If you discover an interest in vintage sewing machines, the Vintage & Antique Sewing Enthusiasts on the Board have several experts in this area, many people with a great sense of humor and a lot of fun to read.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:47 AM

Try this link. . http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t237468.html
Old 12-27-2013, 10:10 AM

I love my Go...my favorite die is the 2 1/2" strip cutter but I love all that I have. Joann's
has them on sale right now for 25% off so I will go see what they have for sure! I use the hex cutter a lot and the squares and triangles, too. It is a terrific tool for me...my strips looked more like "V's" when I used my rotary cutter.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:37 AM

I would look at the sizzix big shot pro, you can use both accuquilt and sizzix dies and the handle is a little better built. I have the little sizzix big shot and they have come out with a lot of new quilting dies just for hobby lobby so that is also nice sized for the little one. I like mine but like some others have no room to put it out so don't use lit as much as I want because no room but hopefully will have room for the big one soon