Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Go to Pattern

Go to Pattern

I was wondering what people's "go to" pattern is? The one that you grab for a quick gift for someone or one you just love to make. Also why is this pattern the chosen one? I'm a newbie. My easy go to is the jelly roll race. No pattern, quick to make and still turns out beautiful. I also love Turning Twenty. Unfortunately I lost the pattern so I have buy it again.

Elisabeth Hartman "Small plates" pattern is my "go to". Easy, quick, infinite variation! Nice for adult or baby.

I have Turning Twenty but haven't used it. I keep going to Warm Wishes and put my own personal twist on the pattern. I made main block 8" finished and the corner piece block are still 5.5" finished. I find it fun to try to be creative.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Lucky Stars, by Atkinson Designs is probably my favorite go-to pattern. It is very easy, and looks more complicated than it really is. They way she has the background is a bit larger than the stars, then you square it up, so you don't have to mess with matching points. around the star block are rectangles, you rotate them as you assemble, so there are very few seams to match. I have made several, no 2 look alike. I've used pastels, brights, regular quilting cottons, batiks, even used photos for the center squares.

http://store.atkinsondesigns.com/sto...3&item_id=1017

Check out her other patterns as well...she has many that are easy, but look more involved than they really are.

I like the Lucky Stars pattern as well for this purpose and for the reasons mentioned. The recipients always love the results.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Dresden plate is my all time favorite with nine patch and log cabin running close seconds. froggyintexas

D9P, Warm Wishes, Kaye Wood"s 6-hr quilt
    One step at a time, always forward.

All patterns from MSQC...Jenny Doan is the best when it comes to quick and easy...

Check out MaryQuilts.com for some pattern ideas. Many (not all) are quick and easy. I just finished Quick Strippie http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/ for a donation quilt. It was my first one, but I think I'll be using this pattern again when I have a great focal fabric to highlight. It couldn't be any easier for a nice lap quilt or baby quilt.

I go to the Dresden plate. If you don't want to do the circle in the middle do points on both sides then applique down, Real easy. You can make 1/4 Dresden's and use a heart in place of a half circle and that looks pretty also. You can sew jelly rolls together to make them if you like working with them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast