Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to the Lancaster Quilt Show >

Going to the Lancaster Quilt Show

Going to the Lancaster Quilt Show

Old 12-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Thanks for your replies, you've been very helpful. My DH lived in Lancaster a number of years so he is familiar with the area. I'm so excited about going!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:09 PM

There is a new group of vendors taking over the Lancaster Quilt Show from AQS. Please visit the local quilt shops in the area. IN most cases this event is what keeps these shops in business. My favorite shop is no longer open (sad)--Hayloft Fabrics in Morgantown, PA. Though I'm in the Pittsburgh area, I travel to Lancaster about once a month. It's my home away from home. Suggestions for hotels: Mill Stream Inn and Strasburg Inn have been my favorites (great breakfasts). Suggestions for eating: Strasburg Creamery, Bird-n-Hand Family Restaurant, Miller's, and Good N Plenty. There is another fabric shop, not sure of the name, My mom and I accidentally ran into it while stopping at a thrift store. It is located on Rt. 23 around the Poole Forge area. When you walk in, all you see is mounds and mounds of fabric. If you are not good in tight spaces, this is not a store to enter. The shop does not advertise; it is only by word of mouth through their great customer service. An additional note: if time and finances permit, Sight and Sound Theatre (Strasburg, PA) new show is "Jonah", opening night is Nov. 10th. Happy Quilting! If anyone wants more information about Lancaster and how to plan their trip, please contact me directly....happy to help.