Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to Paducah >

Going to Paducah

Going to Paducah

Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 AM

Default Going to Paducah

for the quilt show this month. Does anyone know where a good place to park, close enough to walk or if they have a shuttle.
Also any tips you might have. My first time, I am going alone.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Banned

There is a shuttle. Be sure and visit the show at the Rotary Club building which is between downtown show and the Mall. They usually have a very interesting exhibit of antique quilts with a theme. I believe the theme this year is political themed quilts. Fewer vendors but good selection and less crowded. Small charge but entitles to multiple days visit. They also have a food truck outside and tables to sit and relax and talk. The show benefits the projects of the Rotary Club of Paducah. Also Starns BBQ (if you like BBQ) is only a couple blocks away from the Rotary.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

I park at Hancocks and catch the shuttle bus to go everywhere. If you have access to a car and only there for a day or two it's best to drive place to place. The shuttle makes lots of stops and takes a lot of time between places. Eleanor Burns tent sale has new location this year. It shouldn't be hard to find. Her LQS shop is downtown. The mall has lots of vendors. The main quilt show, museum, and historic downtown quilt shops are all in walking distance of each other. I park in that area for the day for all of those. There is another very nice quilt show about 30 min. away. I forgot the name of it but it's worth seeing.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:18 AM

thanks so much ladies - I was almost ready to cancel because of the parking issue
Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I park at Hancocks and catch the shuttle bus to go everywhere. If you have access to a car and only there for a day or two it's best to drive place to place. The shuttle makes lots of stops and takes a lot of time between places. Eleanor Burns tent sale has new location this year. It shouldn't be hard to find. Her LQS shop is downtown. The mall has lots of vendors. The main quilt show, museum, and historic downtown quilt shops are all in walking distance of each other. I park in that area for the day for all of those. There is another very nice quilt show about 30 min. away. I forgot the name of it but it's worth seeing.
So where is the tent sale this year?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the info. My sister and I are going for the first time this year.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

I've never had a problem parking anywhere at the main quilt sites. It's mostly open parking lots. The town is not traffic heavy as most locals seem to know quilters have taken over. To park at the main quilt show you pay if you want to park there. The buses go to each motel in the town to drop off and pick up. Each buss has a color chart on the side so you know what stops it makes. There are directions to E Burns tent sales on her website.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM

I went year before last. There is lots of parking right at the convention center, and they have attendants driving golf like carts to take you to and from the Center.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 AM

I usually park in the downtown area and catch the shuttle bus. There are as many fun things going on downtown as at the show. There are a lot of vendors and every shop has quilts being displayed somewhere. Plan on the whole four days as there is so much to see and do. I'm jealous...can't go this year.