Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: goldenthreads paper??

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have some Golden threads paper and saw on a show that use some sort of glue dots? to hold the paper down to your quilt...has anyone used these and if so, do they come off of the fabric ok?

I found them at Hobby lobby and no where on the package does it say anything about them being used on fabric.....and I was wondering what would be the difference between the elmers glue dots and plain old double sided tape?

I have always just basted or pinned my paper down....

Blog Entries
    OOh, I would watch out for those glue dots. They are super sticky and leave a residue. Great on paper, fabric, not so much. I'm thinking if you saw it on a show there's a special kind that you would use for quilting and it would be clearly stated on the packaging.

Blog Entries
    I use golden threads paper..but I just use 505 spray and it washes out....I have never seen the glue dots..I have no idea.

I have some. Thought it would help. I hated them. I'm trying to remember what it was I hated about them and I now I can't remember!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    OOh, I would watch out for those glue dots. They are super sticky and leave a residue. Great on paper, fabric, not so much. I'm thinking if you saw it on a show there's a special kind that you would use for quilting and it would be clearly stated on the packaging.
    nope. just said the elmer glue dots, nothing on the package says safe for fabric!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    I use golden threads paper..but I just use 505 spray and it washes out....I have never seen the glue dots..I have no idea.
    505 is petroleum based, no matter what they say, only a chemist tell if it washes all out....sorry, but I won't use it on my fabric!

Blog Entries
    I was curious, so I googled 'glue dots for quilting'. Several hits came up on other BBs basically saying don't use them, however, I did come up with this hit:
    http://terriesandelin.blogspot.com/2...part_7325.html
    where she talks about using small dots of Roxanne’s Glue-Baste-It. Basically dots of a fabric safe glue, not glue dots. Hope this helps.
    Nancy

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    I was curious, so I googled 'glue dots for quilting'. Several hits came up on other BBs basically saying don't use them, however, I did come up with this hit:
    http://terriesandelin.blogspot.com/2...part_7325.html
    where she talks about using small dots of Roxanne’s Glue-Baste-It. Basically dots of a fabric safe glue, not glue dots. Hope this helps.
    Nancy
    see, I figured the actual GLUE that is made for this would be better than any glue dots, but then again the glue dots they use are from Elmer's and you can use Elmer's just like Roxannes, it all has to be washed out though...

sticking to basting or pinning I think, I am only doing 10" squares so should be easy to handle.

I have used glue dots and they work fine. You don't need tons of them on the paper and they come right off the quilt. Now keep in mind, I don't leave them on the quilt for days on end. I have only put them on, sewn and then taken the paper and glue dots off right away.