Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good morning!  What is everyone working on today? >

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:42 AM

Today I am doing making some O-The-Go Placemats for Kids. They are cute and fun,have a pocket for their eating utensils, roll it up & ties and can be used on outings, out to eat or to a picnic. They are fast and easy to make. I love making new fun stuff.

Boys on the go placemat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154418[/ATTACH]

Girls on the go placemat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154565[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154412.jpe   attachment-154413.jpe   attachment-154560.jpe  
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM

My grandmother gave me flour sacks and sugar sacks to sew my doll clothes with but I did'nt have patterns.

Originally Posted by vschieve
How funny! I had (still have) a ballerina doll and I had doll clothes patterns for that size doll, so in jr. high I tried all on my own experimenting with them and sewed them on this old treadle as well!! I never had a Barbie. My mother made dresses out of feed sacks for my Saucie Walker doll, which I also still have.

Originally Posted by It'sAboutTimeMamaw
I learned to make Barbie clothes on that old treadle machine about 50 yrs ago. LOL I still have the Barbie.

Originally Posted by samsews
My great Aunt taught me to sew on a Singer Treadle that belonged to my Great Grandmother. I now have the machine but I have'nt used it since I was in my twentys. Have fun on you new machine.
My mother married in 1945 and was given a treadle as a wedding gift, a New England Queen. She made most all of my clothes on it even up into high school. I sewed on it in Jr. high, and did my home project (a dress) on it when I tool Clothing I & II in high school. Then it sat for years, and just almost two years ago my brother and I loaded in his truck to a Singer dealer here in town after I met a lady at JoAnns one night that teaches there and told me the owner works on them. He put a new belt on it, cleaned and oiled it and I am now piecing a Texas Hill Country Quilt on it that I designed myself. (One of my UFO's!)
You have a beautiful treadle machine. We have one but it wasn't treated very well before my mother got it.It belonged to my great-great-great?-grandmother.Anyway it was my grandmother's grandmother.It was kept in a house and used til my great-great grandmother died and someone put it in the top of the barn.It was forgotten about til the barn was torn down. So we have just revarnished it and use it in the entry.Every repairman told us that all those years in that barn loft had rusted the sewing part to the extent that it couldn't be fixed.
I showed my daughter your picture and told her that it was what a treadle machine should look like,all she had seen the outside out of ours.
Hello again,
I googled New England Queen and here is a link to the exact same head as my mother's with most of the decals still intact.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55457783LSOaGw
Old 02-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Hope everyone is getting better weather this week ! We are much warmer & sunny now here in TX, feels so nice ! I am working on my wildflower quilt and I started to piece another (that's my problem!)
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Today I am doing making some O-The-Go Placemats for Kids. They are cute and fun,have a pocket for their eating utensils, roll it up & ties and can be used on outings, out to eat or to a picnic. They are fast and easy to make. I love making new fun stuff.
These are great ! (Filing away for future grandkids someday!)
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM

Can't help loving this Texas weather!

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Hope everyone is getting better weather this week ! We are much warmer & sunny now here in TX, feels so nice ! I am working on my wildflower quilt and I started to piece another (that's my problem!)
Old 04-17-2011, 02:41 AM

Power is back on after all these crummy storms came though. A few roads are washed out, but I have no need to go anywhere! I've got to get the 2 baby quilts quilted so I can post them here for you to see~
Have a blessed day!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:41 AM

I am finisheing homework and doing some studying then to my sewing room..my rewrd for studying!