Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Good patterns for fabric trios?

It seems like I am prone to buying fabric in 3's. I have 3 sets of three fabrics and am not sure what I want to do with them. One set is Christmas stuff that I want to make a simple tree skirt out of (rich, jewel tones - present print, holly/berries, aaaaannnnd... can't remember the third), another is a group for a baby quilt for our new little one in April (soft pinks and greys), and the last is just a set that they pulled out in the quilt shop that I really likes (black, red, and tan - music notes, guitars, polka dots, and wavy lines. Kinda funky, not normally my style, but I was drawn to it). Are there any patterns that are geared toward 3 different fabrics? I think I might make the 10 minute quilt block for the baby blanket and add ribbon to the inner blocks before stitching them down and quilting for a "taggie" blanket of sorts. I don't want to overdo that pattern though since I am already working on a king size for our room. Help!

Can you post pics of the fabrics? It might be easier to come up with ideas with a pic. :-)

My first choice right now for 3 fabrics is a disappearing 9 patch. Beautiful, fun, easy and beautiful, did I say that already?

you could also find a fourth fabric that would go with them. maybe a simple tonal since the others are all "busy" fabric. that would help. maybe a color that works well or is in all three. as far as patterns it really does depend on what the fabric looks like and how big the prints are. if you post pics that would be very helpful in getting you to the right pattern

I'll need to charge some batteries for my camera - the kids (and hubby) snatched them for the wii remotes so I think they are too dead to use now :P