Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Good posture chair

Today I had an appt at the ortho docs. I am always intersted in good posture pointers for sewing. I have tried to sit on my excercise ball but haven't quite adapted to it as of yet.

But, check this out! One of the receptionists at the ortho office was using one of these and loved it!

http://www.google.com/products/catal..._upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ion=1&biw=1440&bih=686&wrapid=tlif131433667051010&q=exercise+ball+chair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4344218871290954589&sa=X&ei=qy9XTtSwD6q0sQLQ2qWFDA&ved=0CD0Q8wIwAg#

Blog Entries
    now that is sure different

Interesting idea, but won't help with back support!

I've got one of those "Everything adjustable" office type chairs and love it!

What will folks come up with next? Ever seen the chair that has you leaning on your knees? It's comfortable, but your knees will eventually start talking back at you. Same thing goes with the stretch back chairs (recliner style) that tilt more than 180 degrees.

What do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by natalieg
    Today I had an appt at the ortho docs. I am always intersted in good posture pointers for sewing. I have tried to sit on my excercise ball but haven't quite adapted to it as of yet.

But, check this out! One of the receptionists at the ortho office was using one of these and loved it!

http://www.google.com/products/catal..._upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ion=1&biw=1440&bih=686&wrapid=tlif131433667051010&q=exercise+ball+chair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4344218871290954589&sa=X&ei=qy9XTtSwD6q0sQLQ2qWFDA&ved=0CD0Q8wIwAg#
    DH just ordered one of these for me. Hasn't arrived yet, expect it any day now. Will post about it after I try it.

Blog Entries
    I know someone who uses one of these. He has a bad back and he told me this is just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by VickyS
    Interesting idea, but won't help with back support!

I've got one of those "Everything adjustable" office type chairs and love it!

What will folks come up with next? Ever seen the chair that has you leaning on your knees? It's comfortable, but your knees will eventually start talking back at you. Same thing goes with the stretch back chairs (recliner style) that tilt more than 180 degrees.

What do you use?
    I use something very similar at work. It's true that it doesn't give much support to the back, but it's not supposed to. The lack of back support forces you to sit-up straight on your own. It has done wonders for my back pain!

Wish I knew of a brick and mortar store to try one at.

I am hurting my arthritic back at work by forgetting to sit correctly in front of the computer.

Does this have height adjustments?