Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Gore Mountain, NY? >
  • Gore Mountain, NY?

• Gore Mountain, NY?

Old 10-06-2011, 10:19 AM

Does anyone know the names of the closest quilt shops to Gore Mountain, NY? Please I am going to spend a very boring weekend there if I can't find some quilt shops to visit.
    Or do any of you quilters live near Gore Mountain, NY? Maybe we could get together sometime this weekend?

Kat
    Old 10-06-2011, 10:34 AM

I live near Gore Mountain - it is beautiful!! Look up Heirloom Fabrics, plus there is a Joanne's, both about 40 minutes away in Queensbury, and a quilt shop a bit up 28N named Aunt Polly's. Here is some info:

3 Hudson River Rd,
    Newcomb, NY 12852
    518-582-2260

Have fun!!!
    Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 AM
    Power Poster

Queensbury/Glens Falls area is not that far from Gore Mountain, maybe around 40 minute drive, depending on how snowy it is. Glenns Falls/Queensbury has at least 4 shops

One of my favorites is Adirondack Quilts
    http://www.adirondackquilts.com/

Then there is Patchwork Passion and Pattis quilting and fabrics.

If you google them you will get hits with addresses and phone numbers but I don't think they have websites.

There is another but I can't remember the name and have never been there so can't even guarantee it is still open. Adirondack is definitely worth the trip. Nice big shop with loads of batiks and civil war repros. No asians though, unless she started carrying them.
    Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 AM

If you're up for a road trip - maybe 3-4 hours - there are two quilt shows this weekend. One is in Plattsburgh, NY and the other is in Burlington, VT. Google Champlain Valley Quilt Guild of New York and Champlain Valley Quilt Guild of Vermont (not sister guilds as far as I know - it's just that the Champlain Valley lies on both sides of Lake Champlain) for more information and directions.
    Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 AM

Bring your snuggies. Its gonna be chilly in the morning hours.
    Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 PM

Thank you all for the info, I will google the shops later tonight. Dh will be doing a craft show and I will be alone in the camper and hate to be bored....lol...would much rather go to quilt shops.

Kat
    Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Have Fun! I'm fairly new to this group. Amazing how many "locals" there are. I'm east of Albany. Not sure if I'll get up to Schroon this weekend. Should be nice weather- dress warmly. All the good shops have been mentioned. FYI-there's a nice quilt show Next weekend In Clifton Park.
    Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 PM

Patchwork Passion was a lovely shop, relocated into a fabulous old building in downtown Glens Falls. There was a huge flood from a broken plumbing fixture upstairs and the shop closed last year. She does have an online shop. I believe the lady's name was Jude- very nice person. Patti's in Glens Falls is terrific, as is Adirondack Quilts. ADK is located in an old mill, along with several other art studios and a great Tea shop. Be prepared to climb stairs to the 2nd floor shop. I like Heirloom Sewing also, and there's a lot of machine embroidery supplies as well. You can find good quality fabric bargains at the JoAnns in Queensbury- bring your coupons.
    Old 10-06-2011, 01:18 PM

I've forgotten the name, but there's a nice small shop in Inlet, specializing in Novelties and Northwoods fabrics when I was there 2 years ago. A beautiful drive for leaf peeping.
    Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the updated info Monroe. I usually get to the little shop in Inlet. This year I didn't drat!!! I will definitely try to go to the other shops you ladies told me about.
    And I will be sure to dress warmly. I grew up tent camping in the Adirondacks. Remember snow in August, so I always bring plenty of warm clothes and blankets.

Kat