Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Machine Quilting Frame >

Grace Machine Quilting Frame

Grace Machine Quilting Frame

Old 03-25-2008, 04:53 AM

I have a Grace Frame and really struggled with loading the quilt on the frame, even after watching the video 3 - 4 times. I discovered instructions on LongArmUniversity.com that made a world of difference, and now it's even fun to load the quilts! Now if I can just get the stitching mastered ... anyhow, I strongly recommend checking out the site.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 AM

Here is the toll free number for Grace

888-826-0222

I agree with someone who wrote that the DVD is not easy to follow. For one thing, the fabric they use as a quilt top looks like green felt. Consequently, when it was put on the pole there was distinction made as to which side was the right or wrong side. It futher confuses people. No one is going to use the kind of fabric they used as demonstration, so it is not clear or helpful.

There was a printed sheet that came with the frame for assembly and shows how to roll each pole. I found that making my own notes from the DVD was helpful. I wrote them in steps so I knew what went where and how to roll. The quilt top goes on the frame up-side-down, then when it is brought up to attach to the leader, it is right-side-up! They really could do a better job! They just make them, they don't use them for quilting!

June
Old 06-17-2008, 09:39 PM

:( I have the little gracie11 and a janome1600p and I have the same problem with the black tracks. i called and they sent me new ones and didnt have them no time and all is broken again.I bought my gracie nov.2007. Have no idea what to do. My Husband is upset after spending all the money on my machine and gracie rack.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:58 AM

I agree with you. After spending any amount of money you want the product to work correctly. I would be on the phone immediately and ask for replacements. I would try to give them information on when you bought the frame, and how long the rails would work before they broke. They can't remedy the problem if we don't tell them what is happening. And how can you use the frame if the rails are cracked.

My frame arrived in December and once assembled, I have had no problem with the rails. The King size rail, which I am not using, was cracked in several places because of being folded. They replaced it even though I am not using it. It came in a large flat box, and was packed so it was not folded so tightly, but actually in a large round coil. I am keeping it where it will not be exposed to cold temperatures. I suspect it is made of some sort of nylon, and old nylon products will crack if they are cold.

You might ask if there is some lubricant to use on the rail to keep it plyable. I have done nothing to mine, but that does not mean that in time I am not going to have a problem.

Please don't put off making that phone call. It will not cost you anything and you want to be able to continue to quilt. It is our responsibility to make any manufacturer aware of the fact their product is not working correctly. They buy the rail materials from a supplier and more than likely they have gotten a bad batch. It is like the light bulbs that came with my machine. They lasted about 5 days. I phoned Bailey. "Skip" (the owner) told me they had gotten a bad batch of bulbs and was sending out new ones when he learned people were having trouble with them. Most businesses want satisfied customers.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Calico92402
I have a Grace Frame and really struggled with loading the quilt on the frame, even after watching the video 3 - 4 times. I discovered instructions on LongArmUniversity.com that made a world of difference, and now it's even fun to load the quilts! Now if I can just get the stitching mastered ... anyhow, I strongly recommend checking out the site.
Thanks. I will have to check this out as I had trouble loading my first (and only one yet) quilt on the frame. Mine is a Grace frame, but I didn't get a video with it.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:01 AM

Way to go june6995 - Love it that you are gung ho about a new project - that's what keeps us young, and of course the grand kids :lol: