Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Grace Stitch Regulator for Babylock machine?

Hi All-

I am debating whether I want to spend $600 on a stitch regulator for my Babylock QCP. I am beginning to do many more quilts on frames and am finding it frustrating that the stitches are a mess, and its been quite challenging to say the least. I was wondering, for those that have this device, is it WORTH THE $$?? Does it REALLY HELP with stitch consistency and overall ease of use? Does it act similar to a long arm sensor?? How does it compare??

Thanks! JC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyrabbit
    Hi All-

I am debating whether I want to spend $600 on a stitch regulator for my Babylock QCP. I am beginning to do many more quilts on frames and am finding it frustrating that the stitches are a mess, and its been quite challenging to say the least. I was wondering, for those that have this device, is it WORTH THE $$?? Does it REALLY HELP with stitch consistency and overall ease of use? Does it act similar to a long arm sensor?? How does it compare??

Thanks! JC
    I really love mine! It has most definitely helped keep my stitches consistent. I have it on my Brother 1500s on a frame. I am loving making a lot more quilts now. Knowing I don't have to spend a bundle at LQS to do it.

P.S. I just Pm'd you.

Is a stitch regulator computer generated or just keeps the stitches the same space apart even at higher speeds?

Blog Entries
    Jade, the SR is not computer generated. It does keep the stitches consistent, whether going fast or slow. There is a learning curve to it still. You have to figure out your speed of your body/hand movements though.