Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gram's joy; teaching a GD to sew

What fun. Mine made a quilt with me for her doll and then didn't seem interested in sewing any more. She has me making all her doll clothes. You are both lucky to be able to sew together.

She is adorable. Lucky you - I have 2 grandsons, but you never know! It was my Grandfather who taught me to knit. Many men knitted during the 1st World War - it helped keep the boredom away in the trenches in the early days of the war.
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Fun times for the both of you!!!!
    Cris

I love that you are teaching your sweet GD to sew. She is just adorable!

Blog Entries
    The 7 yo GD has already started with her mom, but will be here in a couple weeks and am sure she will want a refresher course. The 6 yo GD is chomping at the bit as she watches big sister. 3 yo is content to play with scraps and a toy machine. 2 yo wraps little quilts around babies and sings lullabyes. I have a busy time ahead!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Banned
    Yes, I agree, it is one of the great joys of having a granddaughter. My Ashley is 12 now, but one of my most precious memories of her is when she was 4. Her dad, my son, was in Iraq and she wanted to make him a quilt. She wouldn't let me help at all (except to thread the needle.) She picked the fabric from my stash and cut it into all kinds of crazy shapes and hand stitched it all together every which way. She remembers to this day making that quilt and her dad telling her via satellite phone that he carried that quilt with him every where he went and hugged it to himself when he slept.

Blog Entries
    What a heartwarming experience!! Thanks for sharing.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Congrats to your DGD for her success!
    Joyce

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Your granddaughter is so sweet. How precious it is to pass on the passion of sewing. Great projects.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
    Yes, I agree, it is one of the great joys of having a granddaughter. My Ashley is 12 now, but one of my most precious memories of her is when she was 4. Her dad, my son, was in Iraq and she wanted to make him a quilt. She wouldn't let me help at all (except to thread the needle.) She picked the fabric from my stash and cut it into all kinds of crazy shapes and hand stitched it all together every which way. She remembers to this day making that quilt and her dad telling her via satellite phone that he carried that quilt with him every where he went and hugged it to himself when he slept.
    How sweet. May she always remember making that for her Daddy, I am sure he will!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast