Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
grande quilter and inspira frame >

grande quilter and inspira frame

grande quilter and inspira frame

Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 AM

Post grande quilter and inspira frame

I have just set-up my inspira frame and am close to starting to use it. I called the dealer that sold me my machine and frame and asked him about a cruise control. I was told the box that straps to the frame handle is the included cruise control. Someone please tell me if he is correct because according to the DVD it was not included with the frame. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

My dealer had me completely confused about this too. He basically said the same as your dealer is saying but it is my understanding that the grey/white box with a start/stop button and a speed control is a stitch regulator but not a cruise control. I have since purchased Qbot with cruise control (it is a red box for this setup). The stitch regulator is very helpful, but the actual cruise control makes even stitching much easier. I have found that I am not impressed yet by the Qbot but would not give up my cruise control. I truly feel that my dealer wanted to sell them as a package and that I probably overspent by $2000 for something that I am not really utilizing. Having said all this I am still not sure how the cruise control works without be attached to the Qbot unit but I think it is possible. I think the cruise control is $500-$600 and the Qbot setup was around $3000.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:04 AM

It is my understanding that the cruise control is used to control the speed of your machine..like your foot pedal does...and the stitch regulator controls the stitching so that no matter how fast or slow your machine is sewing, the regulator compensates with the stitches so they remain even across your quilting. Am I wrong? I have looked up the two items (as I am contemplating buying from a private party), and the regulator is much more expensive than the cruise control/speed control. There is so much to learn!!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

I thing a lot of the confusion comes from terminology

This item is trademarked as "Quilter's Cruise Control" and does not come standard with the grand quilter and frame;
http://www.shopjoya.com/p-19976-qbot...x#.UwjSZGYo7IU

This item does come with the setup and is called a speed control;
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/gr...ol-1-prong.php

It is all very confusing