Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Grandma's Fan Quilt Pattern

Grandma's Fan Quilt Pattern

I recently viewed a picture of a five blade fan quilt made from old handkerchiefs. The points of the fan blade are the corners from the hankies so they already have a finished edge on them. Does anyone have a pattern I could use to make this quilt? Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a pattern, but since you are using old handkerchiefs, couldn't you just use a Dresden Ruler and make the blades the length you want them to be? You can get the dresden ruler at Joann's. Hope this helps.
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie

Where did you see the picture? I would be interested in taking a look at that. Ann

Thank you for letting me know about the Dresden Ruler. I had tried my quilt shop and they did not carry it. I will check out JoAnn's. If you Google Kay'z Quiltz: My Quilt for the Blogger's Quilt Festival-A Handkerchief Grandmother's Fan you should be able to find the pictures. Thanks for the info.

Any Suggestions?

Any suggestions on a handerchief fan quilt using only white hankies for the blades? My sister has hankies from her Great Aunt that were all in while. We are trying to think of a way to use them in a quilt.

if you google dresden plate quilt pattern....you can print a free pattern...I don't remember the site...
    Penny aka PLS 1946

I bought the dresden ruler and it has instructions so I think I am ready! Thank you for your responses.