Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grandmothers flower garden templates

Hi I can't find the web site to buy the plastic little templates for individual flower.
    thank you for your help

Blog Entries
    Joann's had the templates at one time, you might check online with them.
    There are sites where you can get the hexagon shapes for free and then you can use template plastic to cut out your own templates and in different sizes :D:D:D

I got mine from Equiltsusa.com

The ladie's name is Pat and she is in California. She makes acrylic templates and I buy a lot from her. She sells on ebay also. She also has forms to fill out to special order templates. Hope this helps you fine what you are looking for.

http://quiltpati.tripod.com/

I believe this is Pati Shambaugh's site. She was the originator of the quit pati's I think. I would think you could get them at most quilt shops.

Sharon Halgren has a ruler and I have one...that will make almost every size you want....

Blog Entries
    I use to buy the pre cut ones here:

paperpieces.com

I had a hard time removing the plastic ones. A quilting friend showed me how easy it was to sew and join the hexes all at the same time without using the templates. It's so much easier. She said that was the way her great grandmother taught her mother and her mother taught her. I'll try to explain how I do it. It's very basic.
    Join two hexes right sides together and stitch 1/4 seam starting 1/4 from the end and ending 1/4 from the end. Add another hex to another side of one of the hexes already sewn and repeat. It's fast and no stitches show at all. No basting or whip stitching.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I use to buy the pre cut ones here:

paperpieces.com

I had a hard time removing the plastic ones. A quilting friend showed me how easy it was to sew and join the hexes all at the same time without using the templates. It's so much easier. She said that was the way her great grandmother taught her mother and her mother taught her. I'll try to explain how I do it. It's very basic.
    Join two hexes right sides together and stitch 1/4 seam starting 1/4 from the end and ending 1/4 from the end. Add another hex to another side of one of the hexes already sewn and repeat. It's fast and no stitches show at all. No basting or whip stitching.
    Do you do this by hand or by machine?

do you have a picture how you do this.
    thank you

thanks for all of you answering my question on finding them too.

Here's a site:

http://www.paperpieces.com/index.html

I see Bella already posted it. Sorry!!! Bella I'm trying to visualize how you do this. Actually sounds very interesting. You just basically sew them together? Bet lots of spray starch is involved.

When you buy the paper pieces how do you know what size? I have a one inch finished template.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast