Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Graph Paper Book

Blog Entries

Graph Paper Book

I found the neatest little book - the graph paper part of the pages is approximately 5 x 7 and there are probably 200 pages in it. It is spiral bound so it will lay flat when I want to use it. I purchased it at a garage sale for $1.

I am going to use this book to draw out blocks that I see and want to save. I already have several in it and a couple of them have pictures too (quilts seen in quilt shops and/or at quilt shows).

I am trying to put as much information as I can - finished size of blocks - layout ideas - name of book I saw the quilt in - website where I saw it - anything I can think of that will help out later. I bet this little book will travel with me quite a bit -

klc
    I also love to use graph paper books as a quilt journal. I am having a hard time finding my favorite spiral bound ones. I refer back to previous journals quite often to repeat a pattern or to see who I gave what too etc.. They can be very helpful. Enjoy your great find!
    Kathryn
    Janome Horizon 7700, Brother XR-7700, & Singer Stylist 533

my last graph paper journal was legal paper sized- i love it! i am almost reaching the end of it-and will need to shop for a new one soon. I wish i could find one that had a variety of sizes of graphs but so far have only found ones that were all the same- mine is 1/4" which is a good size for quilt design- but sometimes a different size would be nice.
    i was thinking about creating my own this time- using a 3 ring binder- and printing off graphs- then i could even add different shapes too but long story-short---graph paper journals are wonderful! i don't know how i would get along without mine.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Google free graph paper and a site shows up where you tell it how many squares per inch and what color you want the paper printed in.

When I use it with a pattern to design the backs of my quilts I put the sheet with the pattern.
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

http://www.printablepaper.net/

This is a great website. You can print circular graph paper if you wish. You can print what you want or save it oin a file for future and present
    use. Less paper storage around the house!

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Blog Entries
    Hi the link in AliKat's post takes you to a login page somewhere.
    If you cut and paste the link, it works fine. Lots of graph formats!
    Thanks for the info!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings