Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gratitude-Why do you appreciate Quilting Board? >

Gratitude-Why do you appreciate Quilting Board?

Gratitude-Why do you appreciate Quilting Board?

Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 AM

I have learned so much about quilting, products, methods, and other websites to go to. However, for me the QB is an escape I can go to throughout the day and think about something I really enjoy. I am home everyday, after my husband and son leave, with my 91 year old Dad. This is my job now. He is handicapped and more health issues are cropping up. So, the QB helps keep me sane. Thanks. I feel I am interacting with other people, because I cannot go out too much to enjoy my quilting.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

i appreciate this board for so many reasons- the friendships, the encouragement, advice, help, inspiration, friendships, laughter, group activities, friendships, sharing, motivation...you get the idea
Old 09-23-2012, 10:58 AM

I appreciate so much about this board & am so thankful I found it! I don't think I could add anything to all the wonderful things previously said. A huge thank you to the moderators, et al, who keep this running pleasantly smooth!
Maureen
Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 AM

I so appreciate this board and the kind members here. I like the pictures of finished quilts, or tops as they provide constant inspiration without my having to drive anywhere. So many of you have helped with ideas. I've learned by asking questions and reading answer to others' questions.

I'm just grateful there is a place like this where people from literally all around the world can get help and advice from each other. We can be encouraged to learn as quickly or as slowly as we feel comfortable.

I've been challenged to keep improving by your pictures. I've picked up skills that I didn't even know existed before I joined the quilt board such as paper piecing. I like the fact that people from all over contribute and that it isn't just for beginners or advanced/experienced quilters.

Thanks to all who run this board and keep it going smoothly. It is a joy to come here and have it be free of politics and in general, it is a positive place to be!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:35 PM

I love the quick suggestions I receive every time I post a question. It really helps a new quilter like me
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 PM

I appreciate this board for all of the above! I think that this is one of the best places on earth to be...... I hate a day passing without being able to log on!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 09-23-2012, 12:48 PM

I have been only been quilting since July 2010 & found this board in Sept 2010. I am thankful for this board because of all the generous help & idea sharing, the comments on products to make things easier, the wonderful friendships I have come into, the inspiration & all the wonderful people on this board from moderators to new quilters who post & answer questions some of us never thought to ask! Thank you all!!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Oh, my goodness! There are so many reasons, I love this board. Above all, I'm thankful for all of the wonderful people, here! This board has made my quilting experience SO much more enjoyable. Because of this board, I now baste with Elmer's School Glue, which means I actually FINISH my quilts! I've been introduced to Sharon Schamber's binding method, which took away my dread of binding . . . and made it almost fun. There are so many beautiful quilts and other projects, being shown here, one can't help but be inspired!

{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}
Old 09-23-2012, 04:13 PM

I love this place. I visit daily. What makes it special? The wonderful members who share their generosity, knowledge, inspiration and kindness. Without you all, I would not be the quilter I am today.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:09 PM

I love the QB because even though we are from all over the world and we don't always agree or see things the same way, we still care enough to share our opinions, experience, kindness and generosity. All levels of quilters can come together and share, learn and inspire. Everyone on this board is so kind and generous and no one is snobbish or uppity. We are just as willing to help a new quilter as we are in giving opinions or rather "options" to a more experienced quilter. We are so blessed to have a place to come and share our loves whether it be family, quilting or fur babies. God bless each and every one and especially the moderators that make all of this possible.