Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: great buy at thrift store???

Quote Originally Posted by karenpatrick View Post
    I would have bought it. There is no way I could have left it there. I would have found a use for it or gifted it to someone. I see denim rag quilts in my head.
    That would be my vision, too!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by chips88 View Post
    just the other weekend . went to the flea market. looked around awhile. and didnt see anything . so i was walking back to the truck. my eye caught a bin of fabric . so i walked on over and started looking threw it and seen some usable fabric. there was three huge bins of fabric. brimmining over.. the man came over and said 10 dollars for all. but wants to keep the bins.. that fabric came home with me.i went threw it and i tell you i have lots to go threw still. that was last weekend..when i got it. so story goes any fabric will sew or quilt something.
    WTG! I love looking----------then using. But of course, I've got more than enough here to use.
    U N T I E

I'm sorry! I left it because I didn't think anyone would want to pay for the shipping. If someone wants it I will stop by tomorrow and get it. It is probably still there since it is such a big horkin' roll of denim.

With the rag quilts, you need fabric that will fray. I have used various fabrics and most of them frayed. I bought 18 or 19 pairs of jeans at a thrift store for rag quilts for my great-grandkids. They worked up great. Every other square was bright printed fabric. The kids loved them. One pair of jeans was my size, so I got a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by grannygee56 View Post
    With the rag quilts, you need fabric that will fray. I have used various fabrics and most of them frayed. I bought 18 or 19 pairs of jeans at a thrift store for rag quilts for my great-grandkids. They worked up great. Every other square was bright printed fabric. The kids loved them. One pair of jeans was my size, so I got a bonus.
    Outside of knits of all sorts, most fabrics will fray---------at least all wovens.
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
    I'm sorry! I left it because I didn't think anyone would want to pay for the shipping. If someone wants it I will stop by tomorrow and get it. It is probably still there since it is such a big horkin' roll of denim.
    I'd love it, but I won't pay for postage. Denim is way to heavy
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    what is a sheperd's coat mentioned in first thread??????
    I'm piecing a quilt with a shepherd and sheep... It's from an Art-to-Heart book by Nancy Halvorsen. The Star of Wonder book. The quilt is a lap size... has a shepherd on the left side and 7 sheep with 1 heading the opposite direction of the others... a reflection of how the shepherd leaves the 99 sheep to look for the 1...
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3