Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Great Sales in Pennsylvania

I got home from the quilt show In Oakes, PA. yesterday. I was there for the weekend with my daughter. The show was good - the quilts were beautiful, and the vendors were great. However, the best part was going to our favorite fabric shops - Burkholder's, Sauder's and Zook's. At Burkholder's there was another room built upstairs and in it were selected bolts of all top name fabrics.
    The deal was, if you bought the whole rest of the bolt the price was $3.00 a yard. There was RJR, Westminster, Blue Hill and many others. At Sauder's there was a similar deal, but the price was $3.50 a yard. At Zook's the yardage was pre-measured and folded on tables, and the price was $2.69 a yard. Great sales and great fabrics. We had so much fun.

Wow. How long did it take you to make room in the car for all of the fabric you purchased?

let's see what u bought
    pics????

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62
    Wow. How long did it take you to make room in the car for all of the fabric you purchased?
    you do know you can roll it up and can fit more in the car..there is the trunk, back window, under all of the seats..some to sit upon, some to wrap up in...plenty of room for fabric at those prices...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62
    you do know you can roll it up and can fit more in the car..there is the trunk, back window, under all of the seats..some to sit upon, some to wrap up in...plenty of room for fabric at those prices...
    :thumbup: I would have kicked somebody out of the car to make room for the fabric! :lol: ;)

Great prices. Was that just for the weekend?

On one of our trips to Lancaster my friend offered to drive as her car (Prius) is more fuel efficient than mine (Tahoe). I told her I'd be happy to drive because then we had more room to bring back 'stuff'. She relayed the comment to her DH and he just howled.

Blog Entries
    LOL... What fun!