Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Green Quilt

I asked my daughters if they had a color or pattern preference for a quilt. I plan to make them for their birthdays. One knows exactly what she wants but the other just wants a green quilt, no pattern preference. Any suggestions for a pattern or design for a green quilt? Irish chain was my first thought but would like to hear some ideas from you guys.

Blog Entries
    Irish chain is a great idea if she wishes green (smile).

I recently completed (maybe will add a border, haven't decided) a queen size top Around the World in various greens...black background with bright green, cream background with darker green, celery background with medium green, green with black, green with white, etc.

I think it came out really pretty. Sorry don't have a picture yet.

This is what I am working on right now - it's for my granddaughter's 22nd birthday in May. Her favorite colors are green and black, but I think this would look good using various shades of just green

green/black quilt on design wall
    Name:  Attachment-155932.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  128.8 KB

OOOH I love coriamD's green quilt.

At last years Bennington quiltfest there was a lovely monochromatic green quilt. Here is a link to the pictures of that show, the 3rd or 4th picture is the green quilt.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-65580-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Here are a couple of "Green" quilts that I have made. Irish Chain of Sis and Minnesota Hot Dish for step grandson. They both just gave me 'green' for their wants. :?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

my then-boyfriend wanted a blue quilt. I used many many blues and paper-pieced 6" snail trail blocks in light/dark so the overall design was a great tesselation. wish I had a pic to show you. I also had done a smaller of the same pattern in purples for my daughter's school auction in the 6th grade. I used muslin for the foundation and had each child make a block for an overall tesselation, which they had also studied in 5th grade math, so they got the concept
    \

Laurie

I made my parents a Jewel Box pattern with green and yellow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do a Google image search using green quilt. I got 3.7 million results in less than 1 second. It should give you plenty of ideas. :)

Thank you all for the suggestions. I just need to make a decision and get started!!