Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess what DH is doing right now?

That's awesome! While I have an amazing hubby, I am not sure I would even want to see what binding would look like when he was finished...probably be bound with duct tape...maybe semi color coordinated...lol..
    Kif
    In the garden of life everyone has a row to hoe, some people just have more weeds...

Always do right, it will gratify some and astonish the rest...Mark Twain

You gals are blessed with some wonderful husbands!

Hmmm....maybe I need to improve my husbands handwork skills.

No, he is great at helping at whatever I am doing. My quilting machine is in our unfinished basement. If I say, "I am going to load a quilt." he thinks he needs to sweep and mop the basement floor for me. Who am I to mess with that system?

mine stitches wonderful bindings, clips raggy quilts for me, trouble shoots my machines, chooses colors/fabrics, and is one of the lqs' favorite customers---those ladies just love to see him walk through the door!
    my sons & nephew are fabulous quilters- and have taught many girlfriends over the years learn to make at least one quilt. guys are generally great at putting together fabric collections-they seem to have a real (eye) for it
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I agree with Ckcowl that some men are great at putting colours together. When I first started quiting I took my 8 year old nephew wh was great at putting fabric patterns together as was his brother a few years after. My brother and myself are hopeless I have a colour problem with blue and grren when close together as he does. I wish I could find one of those hubbies....ah my wish for 2013 a ........
    Finished is better than a UFO

My DH helps me by loading a quilt on the LA, lining everything up and does maintain all my machines for me. He is not all that good at color and design or would not want to do binding but is so helpful and supports my habits. He likes to go to quilt shows and has taken me to the Houston Quilt Show, plus a lot of small local ones.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Pretty nifty husbands!! Hold on to them.

Dina

Gosh, there are some neat husbands out there....mine is one of them....he is a REAL treasure....He bought me my first sewing machine when we were engaged almost 50 years ago. After we got married, he made me this neat pressing board with two arms on it...one is for narrow sleeves or tubes while the other one is a bit wider. I was using it last night, and I thanked him for the upteenth time! He and his best friend finished off half of the basement so I could have a real woman's cave/studio. The other end is a TV/stereo area so we can be togehter. He is very supportive and a real enabler of my habit....his favorite phrase is "within reason" and he draws the line at learning how to quilt, but I sure don't mind. He is a real keeper!

Mine has applied the binding for me several times. One day I went to work and when I came home he had inserted the sleeves and sewed them on a girls dress I was making. he also cuts most of my quilt pieces for me.

What a sweetheart!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast