Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what I'm doing! >

Guess what I'm doing!

Guess what I'm doing!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:23 AM

Congrats on your new room and machine. I totally can identify with you about the fibromyalgia - you play too much, you pay!
Take it slowly and enjoy!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 AM

I am Happy For You Can't Wait to see the Pictures.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 PM

Don't be afraid to try out your new machine. You won't break it. It will let you know if you poke a wrong button or icon. Enjoy Happy for you
Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Linda I don't know how you are keeping from playing with your new machine. If it was me the sorting and moving would come to screaming halt. LOL! I love new toys!!
LOL The truth is, I'm kinda afraid of it. I've read the book and studied the diagrams, but it's very intimidating to me. I kinda wish SIL lived closer than NH so she could walk me thru it. I've never had so many gadgets and gizmos to play with before and I don't want to break it before I even get to use it.
Can you tell I'm not very tech oriented?
I have the same problem with any new toy. Scared silly for a while, then just start a project, and work my way through the instruction manual. It's the only way I can learn now. I am officially here for you. We can learn our new toys together, although mine is a Brother quilting machine. I have sewn for enough years, that I can work my way through most problems. Welcome to the 'techie' age!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:02 AM

I would love to have a sewing room. The only trouble that my granddaughters move in one after another. What can I say.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by gblake
I would love to have a sewing room. The only trouble that my granddaughters move in one after another. What can I say.
Ummmm, NO? LOL Just kidding. Of course we can't turn them away when they need us. You have a kind heart and family is more important than a sewing room. One day you will have your space too. Hugggggs and smiles, Linda
Old 11-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Oh Congratulations on your new sewing room! I hope you have many many hours of enjoyment in there sewing to your hearts content.

When I got my first computerized bernina machine that had a embroidery module I sat down and pushed every button and tried every stitch out. As I read every bit of the literature. It almost fried my brain, but dang it, I knew what it did and how to do it in two days. I guess I figured the sooner I learned the quicker I would get over the scared part and be able to sew again. LOL!
Use a yellow highlighter, it helps to reference it later.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 PM

Oh Congratulations on your new sewing room!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:41 PM

If the book had more details, I think I'd feel more secure. It just seems extremely sparce on how to do this and that information. It has plenty of this does this and that does that. But it doesn't hold my hand. LOL.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:31 PM

Yay for you and your new room. And the new machine, I would try out one new thing every day. No, no I wouldn't, I'd have it set up in my new room before I moved in, and then I'd do two hours' work and stop for a half hour to play with it and do that every time I could devote three hours to the effort (because that half hour is never really a half hour, is it?). Enjoy...