Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess Who's Getting A New Sewing Room!!!! >

Guess Who's Getting A New Sewing Room!!!!

Guess Who's Getting A New Sewing Room!!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:34 PM

Did you tell him you will need to get more stuff to fill the space??
Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 PM

that's what i say, "cut to the chase and use that living room:)".
Old 06-15-2011, 07:16 PM

What a great move for you!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
I just had a thought and apologize if someone already gave this hint....I've only read page one.
With three quilters, why not put your tables in the center of the room so you all face each other? What fun to watch each other twist their tongues, wrinkle their brow, etc when having difficulty with a project. Sure beats facing a wall! Just a thought.
Glad you found a new, BIG room to enjoy with your daughters!
Ahhhhhh!!! That's EXACTLY what we did!! :lol: We put three tables in the middle of the room but the girls weren't thoroughly impressed. They wanted a setup like what Eleanor Burns has, with a cutting mat right behind her machine. So, one table is a cutting mat, then my table is right next to that one, and the girls are sharing a table that goes across the ends of the other two tables. We have an ironing table across from the tables and a large cutting table just for Mommy. :D
Old 06-16-2011, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150
Originally Posted by sew wishful
I just had a thought and apologize if someone already gave this hint....I've only read page one.
With three quilters, why not put your tables in the center of the room so you all face each other? What fun to watch each other twist their tongues, wrinkle their brow, etc when having difficulty with a project. Sure beats facing a wall! Just a thought.
Glad you found a new, BIG room to enjoy with your daughters!
Ahhhhhh!!! That's EXACTLY what we did!! :lol: We put three tables in the middle of the room but the girls weren't thoroughly impressed. They wanted a setup like what Eleanor Burns has, with a cutting mat right behind her machine. So, one table is a cutting mat, then my table is right next to that one, and the girls are sharing a table that goes across the ends of the other two tables. We have an ironing table across from the tables and a large cutting table just for Mommy. :D
:-D Good for you! I'm a bit jealous...my kids are all gone, married with kids of their own, so I sew alone. Enjoy your time with them because it goes so fast!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:19 AM

A great idea is born!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 AM

Weeellll, I'm finishing up the room today. I was going to repaint it but we just got new windows for that room. So, next month when DH is on vacation, we're going to put in the new, larger windows and then repaint. Thankfully, with all of the extra space, all I'll have to do is pull the stuff away from the wall with the windows and cover with a drop cloth. In my old room I only had room for half of my design wall to show. This room enables me to have the whole wall exposed and easily accessible to the girls as well. I've included a few sentimental touches, as well, like my Grandmother's threads ( http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-128803-1.htm ), her button box in a cookie tin, her antique buffet table with two drop sides, some special Mom things the girls have given me, and a doll that my Great Grandmother crocheted for me.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 AM

Here's the link to pics of the new room!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130975-1.htm#3494366
Old 06-17-2011, 05:32 AM

Good for you