Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess Who's Getting A New Sewing Room!!!!

ME! The answer is ME! To start with, I've tripped over too many things in the past few weeks in my sewing room...something that comes with three quilters sharing one, small room! Right now my sewing room is 8' x 14" and all the side walls are lined with tables right now. It's quite a hassle to get anything done, let alone teach my youngest DD to quilt and step around my oldest DD's quilting project.

Sooo, this was all irking me when I started my Spring Cleaning this week. In our home, if there's something we don't use in a 1 year period, it's shipped off to our local charity thrift store. While sorting through our dining room, DH and I just clicked on one thought: WE NEVER USE THE DINING ROOM! We never entertain. Since my DFIL has found someone new, we never host the holiday dinners and since DH works late most nights, it's just the girls and I eating at the kitchen table our outside in nice weather. So, we took out the piano and relocated it, moved the large fish tank upstairs and emptied out the china curios. Tomorrow I can finish cleaning the room and start relocating the sewing room. The new room is 12' x 18'! That's almost double what I had before! :D

Woohoo! I am so glad you found new space to be used. Have fun!

Congratulations

Wow, that sounds like a dream come true!!!!!!! We really need a good amount of space and especially if there are three of you. I would be ready to pull out someone's hair if I had such close quarters.
    Good for you and I know you will really enjoy your new space and the production will be tripled!!!!!!
    Can't wait to see it all done.

thanks
    sandy14

Blog Entries
    Brilliant thought! We need photos when the change is made:)

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Brilliant thought! We need photos when the change is made:)
    Will do! I'm debating on painting at the moment, first. That may take a few days.

Woo hoo! Please post pics. We LOVE pics.

Wow! that's wonderful news. and yes, we need to see photos when you're finished.

wow that is so cool to share your passion with your DD! Show pics when you move in, would love to see...

Happy to hear about you new sewing rooms. Please post pictures when you get it set up. Enjoy your new space.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast