Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Guidelines4quilting-rulers

Guidelines4quilting-rulers

Has anyone bought the rulers from Guidlines4quilting? They have ruler connectors that attaches two rulers together. They also carry small rulers that attach only to their larger rulers to add scant seam allowances for squares and triangles.
    Thought these might be fun Christmas presents but wasn't sure of the quality. My DIL and I both have plenty of rulers. My next ruler was going to be a June tailor since people have been raving about them.

http://www.guidelines4quilting.com

Look ok forward to your thoughts.

Haven't seen these, but if they are the quality of their other product, Grip Strips, I would think they would be good.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

I was just using mine a couple of days ago. I love how easy it is to cut strips. I don't use the connectors tho. Just slide the ruler along the material leaving the rotary cutter in the cut. It is so much faster than using a regular ruler and very accurate.
    Janelle

Yes, I own one and it's a jewel. I have the 6 x 12 in one. Saves me a ton of time in cutting fabric. I do have the large acrylic fabric cutter too. But for my scraps, this ruler is my favorite. I do mostly scrap quilts. Been using it all day.
    Worth the price.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

I just got the connector. I've only used it once to square up a quilt. I connected my 6x24 ruler with 12" square. I was pleased how easy it was to square up the quilt.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I think I will buy one for me and my DIL. I did buy a June Taylor ruler today still Joann's using the coupon.

Gramajo- are the connectors only to be used with their rulers?

They can be used with other rulers. My 6 x 24 ruler is a Fiskars and the 12" square is Omnigrip.

I have 2 of the 6x12 rulers and guides. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. I really like them if I am doing a stack n whack type of quilt because of the accuracy.
    Crashnquilt

Wouldn't you like to live with my mind just for a moment? I wish you would, I think I need to get OUT OF IT!

Thank you everyone for your responses. I love this board. Everyone is so helpful!,,